“One of the Best Restaurant in NYC”
Review of Bouley Restaurant - CLOSED

Bouley Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $59 five course tasting menu for lunch, a prix fixe of three courses for $135 and $195 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Bouley is one of the best restaurant in NYC. You can't make a mistake by choosing it. The best moment is about 8pm, but it is difficult, unless you know Jacques Lemagueresse who will help you! For the Wines ask for Michael, I will find you the right one for your dinner. Her we are speaking only about gastronomy, so don't be afraid of a five or six courses dinner!

1  Thank MeetMeInNYC
There are newer reviews for Bouley Restaurant

Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of our favorites in NYC. We try to go at least once a year. The five course tasting menu, surrounded by many additional "chef's compliments" appetizers, the super wine list, tremendous bread cart and great all around service just can't be beat. Have never been there in the evening but the lunch menu is both reasonable and extensive.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The restaurant itself is very lovely – flowers on the table – soothing surroundings. We were there for lunch and I admit at the end, I was disappointed and had expected more. My husband and I both got the luncheon tasting menu. He had asparagus soup to start. There were thin slivers of asparagus within the soup, but the slivers were too long to be easily picked up by the soup spoon and too hard to be cut by the soup spoon. Moving on to the 2nd course, the egg with Serrano ham – the same problem occurred – the ham was in too big of slices to be easily picked up. While these are very small things, I would expect that as a Michelin 2 star the small things count. I got the Porcini flan – there was a spice within the flan (cloves, allspice – not sure) that overwhelmed the entire dish. The mashed potatoes served as a side to the main course were delicious. The Anjou pear dessert was good, but a bit over-wrought – pear, chocolate, cookie, custard – simplier would have been better. The mignardies at the end were not in the same class as the meal and were so-so (I typically love this course in a meal).

Service – very attentive, but not very knowledgeable about what they were serving you. They could not discuss the intricacies of the food. Additionally, be aware that if you respond ‘Still’ to the type of water question, you will be charged $9/bottle for water – better to know it at the beginning than see it on the bill at the end.

Jacket requirement – For men, a jacket is required, yet Bouley doesn’t enforce this. Personally, I don’t really care what the policy is, but if you have a policy, you need to stick with it. We went to the trouble to make sure that our attire met their standards, but other diners did not – why have the policy if you don’t plan to enforce it or have jackets that are loaned to diners.

I think for NYC standards, the $55/lunch menu is a reasonable value. Would I go back? Probably not. I was not impressed enough to want to go to dinner there – I’ll save my money and go back to Eleven Madison Park.

1  Thank VATLC23
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here last week to celebrate my birthday and it was an amazing dinner. The service from the beginning to the end was impeccable. All the staff is always carefull with your needs.

We ordered the tasting menu which I believe was the best option for a first timer at this place. Every course was better than the previous. At the end we ordered an extra course which was a plate of cheeses and it was delicious. They have amazing cheeses you must definitely try them out.

By the end they sent me a tart with a candle and a happy birthday sign written on the side which I think was a great detail!!!

Also the wine list is impressive , great selection.

It's a must go in NYC for a romantic and lovely dinner. I just had the best birthday ever.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to Bouley for lunch to celebrate my wife’s birthday. We knew it supposed to be good, but reality exceeded our expectations. We found the food and service exceptional. Of course it is pricy, but worth the money. We had tasting menu which consisted from five sections. Portions are not big, but that is how they serve in upscale restaurants in order to enjoy the whole course. We also wee treated with at three or four complimentary – one of which was a choice of exceptional bread. The bill came out at around $85 p.p. after taxes and tip with $75 bottle of wine – BTW excellent as well.
Definitely recommending if you have appetite to spend this $$$.

1  Thank cecexo_ny