“It is what it is.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Minetta Tavern

Minetta Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Minetta Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 13,478 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Transit: Take the A,B,C,D,E,F or M train to West 4th St. Use the 3rd St. exit and walk one block south to Minetta Lane and 2 blocks east to MacDougal St. Take the 1 train to Christopher St/Sheridan Square and walk south (toward Grove St) on West 4th, 4 blocks. Continue south on 6th Ave 2 blocks to Minetta Lane, and 2 blocks east to MacDougal St.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“It is what it is.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

On our last visit to NYC we ended up going twice to this welcoming bar/restaurant which once had been a hangout during my 20s. We found Minetta Tavern to be more laid back than the other popular establishments by Keith MacNally. We found the staff welcoming and attentive. On both occasions we were shown to great tables, once in the front bar and the other at a large booth in the backroom dining area. Our friend from NY was so overjoyed to sit at this particular booth that our server toyed with him. We tried everything that had been recommended to us and we were not disappointed. I think it is what it is, good and well prepared bar food… and I don´t mean that in a pejorative way.

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reservations a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Happening spot in the east village cleverly disguised, you could miss it on the corner of MacDougal n Minetta. Pistachio margarita yummy as was the mussels, burger, fries, trout and sole. Our waiter was helpful with menu favorites. Jammed on a Tuesday, heard you needed reservations even to have a drink at the bar primetime weekends. Makes sense, space is tight.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank C O
pa
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I walked in Sunday afternoon and were told about 20-25 minutes. Ok, so we sat at the bar for dinks while we waited. The drinks were very well made and very good. At 30 minutes we asked how long and were told very soon. Ok again, then about 10 miutes later the Hostess came over to us at the bar and said " you should eat at the bar". Not ok now, I told her I guess you don't need our money and there are plenty of other resturants in the city. I paid our bar tab and told my we should leave. I should also explain that during the last 40 minutes it seemed that many other people walked in without reservations who knew the host, hostess or bar guy and were seated quite quickly, while we just waited. Then magically the hostess came back and said were ready for you, my wife was hungry and talked me into staying. Ok, so we were seated. The tables for 2 are in a row with about 1 inch seperating one from another, I'm ok with NYC limited space but this was like being at a communal table and I'd rather not do that, but for my wife we stayed. We ordered about 10 minutes after we were seated, a Black Label burger and a Reuben. The food came about 15 minutes later, the burger was good but after 2 bites the bottom of the bun fell apart and had to eat the remainder with a knife and fork. My wifes Reuben was very tasty and she was happy now. When we finished our table was cleared promptly and we sat there, waited some more and then some more, about 20 minutes in all. Enough is enough, so I flagged her down and asked for the check, I paid and we walked out rather upset, 2 hours for a burger and reuben get real. What a terrible experience it was, I would never tell anyone to go there!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cro91
Greenville, SC
“Food was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had to get the Black Label burger I had heard so much about. It was phenominal! Also had the bone marrow appetizer. It was served w/ some sort of onion relish. Sooooo good (and my dogs loved the bones I brought home to them)! One thing that I didn't care for was the $15 margarita. I mean, I know this is NYC, buy that is ridiculous! I make a better one at home. Not worth the money. Would stick to beer ot wine if you plan to have a drink.

• Visited February 2013
Mississauga
“Amazing place with great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great restaurant with an old school feel. The food and drinks were amazing but the service was rushed. That always kills me when a restaurant does everything right but they rush your order, food and billing.