“Bellisimo”

Neighborhood: TriBeCa
New York City, New York
“Bellisimo”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Walked in for an early dinner and was pleased from beginning to end. Prosciutto appetizer on toast was delicious. Pasta was perfectly prepared, al dente, but the risotto-like farro special was a special treat. Osso buco finished the meal, not quite as good as at home, but tasty nonetheless. All in all, it was one of the better Italian meals I've enjoyed outside of my very Italian wife's kitchen.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Gales Ferry
“Chef Boyardee”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This restaurant was terrible. The hostess with the was rude and when we walked in at 9:45 we could tell she was annoyed. We were sat right in front and it took the waiter 15 minutes to present us with menus although he walked by us at least 4 times. We got our food, mine was noodles and butter for $22 and his was inside out ravioli for $23. The real parmesan cheese was the only thing really good about this meal. After we were finished, we waited another 10 minutes and had to ask for our bill. Very uncaring staff even though there were about 4 people working the 7 tables in the main dining room. We will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
São Paulo
“Great Italian restaurant in NYC”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went twice to Pepolino during my last trip to NYC. Great food, friendly stafff, conveniently located right near the subway station. Pastas were delicious, had also a fantastic Tagliata di Manzo. For dessert, I`ve tried their recomendation and took the best ricotta tart ever.

• Visited September 2012
marysville ohio
“one of my favorites in NYC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat in NYC!
I travel to NY quite frequently and I know that I can always get an amazing meal here.
Always consistently good. Excellent food. Love the ravioli special.
Food and wine are always good. Very friendly staff.
The bread and spread before the meal is amazing!
I love this place!

• Visited March 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Wonderful little Italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Walked here for dinner after drinks at the Library Bar (recommended). Sunday @ 8pm, seated without waiting, although it filled up shortly after we arrived. Very good authentic Italian cuisine. Good service. I'd eat here again.

Visited March 2013