“What a pleasent surprise.”
Review of Pepolino

Pepolino
Ranked #194 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed in a nearby hotel and found this small and discrete restaurant nearby. When you enter, what a surprise. A very nice ambient, comfy welcomes you. The menu is at the right size and the wine list is very good. The food is delicious, the pasta is homemade in the restaurant itself. Save room for desert, I tried the best cheesecake ever !!! A ricota cheesecake so velvety that worth saving room for.

There are newer reviews for Pepolino

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's been 2 months since I've been to Pepolino's and my mouth still waters when I think of how delicious and fresh everything was. I had simple pasta with a tomato basil sauce with a tasty salad and my boyfriend had the veal meatball special. Amazingly good! And so satisfying!!
A bit pricey but so well worth it!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Intimate but lively little Italian spot just down the street from the Soho Grand. Branzino spectacular. Pastas superb.

1  Thank TuhonTraveler
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were strolling around Saturday night (10pm) about 30 minutes to find a place to eat (many restaurants were already closed), and we found this place by chance. I chose the fettuccine of the day with scallops, which was excellent. The menu was a bit expensive considering that we didn't have other choices but the dishes my friend and I had deserved the prices. There were two other big groups enjoying their dinner and we left the restaurant with great satisfaction. We will definitely try to go back before we leave NYC.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was the best meal we had in NYC on our last trip. Meal starts with a tomato based spread on wonderful bread. Soups were terrific--especially the butternut squash soup. Mains were different and delicious--if you like risotto, try the farrotto (sp?). This is a grain instead of rice, but wonderful. The ricotta cheesecake was also just right. Lots of Italian spoken by the customers. The place is actually charming inside. The location is in Tribeca, but just bordering on SoHo. It is expensive--this is Manhattan.