“Went for my birthday. Strong yummy drinks!”
Review of AGAVE

AGAVE
Reserve with OpenTable
AGAVE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,858 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Southwestern, Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 10th St. and Charles St.
Transit: 1, 9 Christopher Street
New York City, New York
“Went for my birthday. Strong yummy drinks!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Went here with a group of friends for my birthday. Had a blast and they gave us a great table. The drinks were plentiful and delicious! Highly recommend this place if you're wanting to have a good time with buddies.

The food was ok. I ordered the adobe chicken enchiladas and while almost everything tastes good when I'm drunk, I actually couldn't even eat this dish (it was really really sweet) and I devoured my husbands quesadilla instead ;)

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank brubru83

new york, ny
“Lacking...”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Every time I go to Agave I really want to have a good time. Unfortunately when I am seated (every time) it take 20 mins before the waiter shows up. He served us melted "frozen" margs. Guac was overpowered by the salsa that formed a pool of water and lime juice in the tostada bowl. 20 mins after we finished our guac our waiter showed up again to finally take our dinner order. Food was mediocre at best. Amazingly our next round of margs were frozen. Waited for the waiter for another 20-30 mins before I could ask for the check. I almost contemplated leaving without paying as no one was paying attention to our existence. My conscience wouldn't let me.

• Visited September 2011
New York City, New York
“The worst!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We were a group of 10 girls in our 20's. I emphasize that because to make a group of young women happy is pretty easy, flatter, smile and bring drinks. Our waiter was a nightmare. Had a problem that we had drinks from the bar since we had to wait to be seated and had a massive attitude. Food was cold and he wouldn't come back to the table. The only good thing was the busboy who we ended up giving our tip to. Horrible experience!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Unique food and a cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My wife had dined at Agave during a prior trip to NYC and really liked the food and the atmosphere. Her family is from New Mexico, so she's pretty picky about southwestern cuisine. She said the decor reminded her of home! We had the grilled corn appetizer, which was really yummy. We enjoyed our dinner entrees, but only wished we could have brought the leftovers home! The restaurant was packed (many patrons were redeeming groupons), so our server was a little frazzled. However, she was still polite and attentive. We wil definitely return the next time we are in NYC!

• Visited October 2011
London
“Great quesadilla !!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We came across this restaurant by chance, it was a hot day and we fancied sitting outside for lunch and there was a vacant table.

Service was very friendly and helpful providing both an insight to the food and local areas.

There was a good wine selection. Fresh chilled water was provided free throughout your meal.

I had the quesadilla and they tasted authentic, my partner went for a burger and he said it was one of the best he'd had of late.

Definately worth a visit either for lunch, brunch or even dinner !!

• Visited October 2011