“Probably the best farm to table in NYC (but don't do the side room)”
Review of Mas

Reserve with OpenTable
Mas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,090 of 14,473 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Bedford Street and Varick Street
Transit: The A, C, or E and B, D, F, and Q lines all stop at West 4th Street which is approximately three blocks from the restaurant. In addition, the 1 line stops at Houston Street and is one block from the restaurant.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an exquisite experience at Mas (Farmhouse) for our anniversary. The service was excellent, and the food just superb. The flexibility of the 4 course tasting menu coupled with the flexibility of the chef around food intolerances made this a first class dining experience. The ingredients themselves were beyond fresh and artfully selected.

I had the octopus salad with a chorizo paste, the arctic char (the best ever) and the delectable braised short ribs (also the best ever). My husband had the crab salad, the diver scallops, and the braised short ribs as well. We also had a bottle of pinot noir, which was also superb. For dessert, I had the chocolate option and my husband the homemade sorbets. Both were divine especially the strawberry sorbet.

My only "complaint" is that the side dining room is a little bit like a closet feel. The main dining area is beautiful. They thought we would want some privacy for our anniversary but the truth is that it was no more private and in fact the ambiance was not very good. My husband was staring at a brown wall and bright red exit sign all night.

All in all, we had a wonderful experience. We are already planning our next visit :)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere!
We went there for an anniversary celebration and it was a terrific experience. The food is fresh and fabulously prepared. The staff was friendly and helpful and the ambiance was top notch.
I can't say enough about how good it was. The only drawback is the need to make a reservation well in advance.
We'll be back again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food and service, creative. Anything goes--they are happy to accommodate you. Small rooms so the noise in manageable. Tucked away on a side street in Greenwich Village. Definitely would go back.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went to mas several weeks ago and even though there are many great reviews already posted, just wanted to add our experience as well. We went for dinner before a concert and were a little limited in time. My husband was interested in the chefs 6 course tasting which usually at these farm to table type places might take a while, but they were nice enough to accommodate and still get us out in time. I ordered from the pre-fix menu, but they also allow you to substitute anything from that menu with the a la carte menu ( why do other restaurants not allow that!). Even though I did not make any substitutions - I did add from the a la carte menu. This is what a real restaurant should be like.
The food was of course excellent-including the wine ( we both ordered a couple of glasses of wine which they recommended bases on what we were eating) and desert was divine. We were a bit close to our neighbors, luckily they were seated close to the end of our meal.
We cannot wait to go there again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Service and atmosphere is the only thing this downtown restaurant has going for it. The tasting menu is the only thing that may satisfy you. Portions on the ala carte menu are very small. The featured brisket was tender but almost 50% of the small portion was fat and grissle. The duck was tastless and at $38 for the entree was very dissapointing. The one roll on the bread service that was portioned out to our group was not worth the calories. I must say the desserts were very good (particularly the ice cream and sorbets) but the cheese plate (3 micro mini pieces for $15) was not enough to provide a taste to anyone else in the group. Wine selection is good but priced beyond what you would expect to pay at most of the hot spots in mid-town.