“Delicious Italian!”
Review of Babbo

Babbo
Reserve with OpenTable
Babbo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between 6th Avenue and MacDougal Street
Transit: West 4th street subway station (8th street/Waverly Place exit): A,C,E,B,D,F and M trains. We recommend traveling at the back of the train if coming from uptown, the front of the train if coming from downtown, to find the closest exit at the station.
Niagara Falls,
“Delicious Italian!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I visited Babbo because I am a huge fan of Joe Bastianich from Masterchef and Mario Batali from Iron Chef.

It's an expensive restaurant but well worth the price. The food is delicious and the service was outstanding. I really enjoyed the gnocchi and I had the most delicious caprese salad I have ever had in my life.

When I go back to NYC, I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
“Bad service at what I hoped would be a great restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I don't like leaving negative reviews, but my friends and I had a terrible experience last night at Babbo. We had made a reservation for 4 people at 9:15 (via phone, not Open Table) which was confirmed earlier in the day. We showed up on time, checked in, and were told to wait at the bar as our table wasn't ready yet.
30 minutes and a full bottle of wine later (which we had hoped to transfer to the table and drink at dinner), we were still standing in the crowded bar area without a table.
The host and hostess were aloof and could not give an estimated time for when we would be seated, at which point we got upset - 45 minutes after our reservation time, we left.
I was really looking forward to eating at Babbo, having heard very good things about it on this site and elsewhere. However, it is unacceptable to be kept standing around for over 30 minutes when there was a confirmed reservation and all members of the party were there on time.

• Visited September 2014
1 Thank CbusTravelGirl
Houston, Texas
“Aside From the Wine, Unimpressed.”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

This place serves good food, it's just not worth the price you're paying. If it was $15 a plate, i would be 4 stars, but not at about $50-60 (not counting the wine).
My girlfriend and I went here with another couple and the atmosphere is great, the wine selection was amazing and delicious. However the food left quite a bit to be desired. As I said above, it wasn't terrible or anything, just not what you'd expect when you're spending quite a bit of money. I had the lamb chops and all I could think of was that it's good, but that I've had much better, for much less. The pasta wasn't that great either.
I'm not a huge Italian food fan, so that could be why I didn't enjoy it as much. However, there are better places in NYC for Italian. In hindsight, I would much rather have gone to a mom & pop, hole-in-the-wall place than here.

• Visited August 2014
“Very Good - Not Traditional Italian”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Saturday and had a 5:30 reservation which turned out to be the ideal time in my opinion. The noise level was low and service was attentive and was so through out the meal. For appetizer, I had the calamari which was firm but tender. 2nd course was the Beef Cheek Ravioli which is a signature dish. It was excellent if you like your pasta very al-dent when you start eating but as it continued to cook on the plate it got better. Next I had the Duck which includes the breast(sliced) and the leg and thigh. This was outstanding as I am a Duck aficionado. Great flavor and cooked to perfection. Would come back just for this. For desert I had the Olive Oil cake which sounds like the combination of flavors would not work but they did.

Overall a very good meal and a place you try at least once.

Visited August 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic atmosphere and great genuine Italian”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We went for the tasting menu with reserva wine menu and never looked back. Fantastic atmosphere, great food and wine combinations, great service. Our visit to Babbos gave us the perfect kick-off to a perfect NY-weekend. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2014