“Best Vegetarian or Any kind of Food! Hands Down!”

Gobo - Greenwich Village
Ranked #4,941 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 8th Street and Waverly Place
Transit: A, C, E, B, D, F, V trains to the West 4th Station. Exit at Waverly Place/8th Street.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I don't get excited about food in general but GoBo is the BEST!! We don't travel to NYC very often but when we do, we try to make it to GoBo at least once. Last time our waiter Mendi recognized us. Good food and a welcome from the staff. It is our go to place for sure.

There are newer reviews for Gobo - Greenwich Village

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I wish this place was on Long Island. We had 2 places that like this that closed and I can't figure out why. Gobo was amazing. We met friends and we enjoyed everything. You are sitting right as close to others as to your dinner guests.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We are not vegetarians, but we LOVED our meal at Gobo, 2 weeks ago.
The place is small, and packed ( reservation is highly recommended), therefore it's very noisy.
Food is DELICIOUS, the staff were extremely nice and helpful.
The Tofu roll with the mango sauce is to die for!
Absolutely everything was delicious and fresh.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to Gobo with my sister and her boyfriend. My sister is vegetarian so we wanted to please her :) but were surprised with the quality and variety of food. We tried different dishes And finally had very nice and delicious dinner.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm an omnivore. There's not much I won't eat. Meat is a part of just about every meal I have. That said, we decided to try out Gobo. I had the seitan strips over Asian kale. It was absolutely fantastic! From the flavor to the texture, it was a very enjoyable experience. The glass of "Zing" (apple, carrot, ginger) I had to go with it was good as well. A little heavy on the ginger for my taste, but good nonetheless. Even if you're someone that turns their nose up just because the word "vegetarian" is there, give Gobo a try. I do believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Kirk L