“Not vegetarian but liked the place”
Review of Gobo - Greenwich Village - CLOSED

Gobo - Greenwich Village
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 8th Street and Waverly Place
Transit: A, C, E, B, D, F, V trains to the West 4th Station. Exit at Waverly Place/8th Street.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to Gobo with my sister and her boyfriend. My sister is vegetarian so we wanted to please her :) but were surprised with the quality and variety of food. We tried different dishes And finally had very nice and delicious dinner.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm an omnivore. There's not much I won't eat. Meat is a part of just about every meal I have. That said, we decided to try out Gobo. I had the seitan strips over Asian kale. It was absolutely fantastic! From the flavor to the texture, it was a very enjoyable experience. The glass of "Zing" (apple, carrot, ginger) I had to go with it was good as well. A little heavy on the ginger for my taste, but good nonetheless. Even if you're someone that turns their nose up just because the word "vegetarian" is there, give Gobo a try. I do believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Kirk L
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Some of best asian fusion vegetarian food I have tasted but beware if you are allergic to peanuts and peanut oil as they were slow in figuring out what dishes contained these items! Also, lots of tables next to each other...so if you go be prepared to like your neighbors.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stumble on this great little place. The food was great. The "by the glass" wines were limited but very good. But the best part was the friendly and helpful servers. Recommend the spinach salad, spring rolls and the risotto.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've recently had to cut out a lot of the foods I love. Vegetarian food is the answer, but it doesn't excite me. That was until I visited Gobo. Now this is wonderful stuff. Exciting and surprising dishes. And wonderful quality. What's more, the service was marvellous.