“You'd never know this was vegetarian...”

Gobo - Greenwich Village
Ranked #5,078 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 8th Street and Waverly Place
Transit: A, C, E, B, D, F, V trains to the West 4th Station. Exit at Waverly Place/8th Street.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm an omnivore. There's not much I won't eat. Meat is a part of just about every meal I have. That said, we decided to try out Gobo. I had the seitan strips over Asian kale. It was absolutely fantastic! From the flavor to the texture, it was a very enjoyable experience. The glass of "Zing" (apple, carrot, ginger) I had to go with it was good as well. A little heavy on the ginger for my taste, but good nonetheless. Even if you're someone that turns their nose up just because the word "vegetarian" is there, give Gobo a try. I do believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Kirk L

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Some of best asian fusion vegetarian food I have tasted but beware if you are allergic to peanuts and peanut oil as they were slow in figuring out what dishes contained these items! Also, lots of tables next to each other...so if you go be prepared to like your neighbors.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stumble on this great little place. The food was great. The "by the glass" wines were limited but very good. But the best part was the friendly and helpful servers. Recommend the spinach salad, spring rolls and the risotto.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've recently had to cut out a lot of the foods I love. Vegetarian food is the answer, but it doesn't excite me. That was until I visited Gobo. Now this is wonderful stuff. Exciting and surprising dishes. And wonderful quality. What's more, the service was marvellous.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second visit ever at a restaurant serving vegetarian food. We had earlier been disappointed, but certainly not this time. My boyfriend eats meat, and myself only fish/vegetarian, but both of us was highly satisfied with the food. Excellent food, excellent service and nice surroundings! I would visit this place often if I lived in New York.