“Simply Amazing!!”
Review of AQUAGRILL

AQUAGRILL
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUAGRILL is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 14,590 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: AQUAGRILL features NYCs best raw bar and delicious fish and seafood preparations using only the freshest and finest ingredients. Exotic and creative daily specials, 25 different types of oysters featured daily at the NYC's Best Raw Bar (Zagat 2017) and an Award Winning Wine List (Wine Spectator 2017) and Number One Brunch (Zagat 2017) served on the Saturday and Sunday. Please check our daily specials posted on our website for today's special selections and Aquagrill's full list of oysters available today.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant by walking in New York we came in to get out of the cold weather and so glad we did! They have a great selection of oysters and clams. They are very knowledgable and can help with any questions - I had the best oysters there. Their menu is also just as nice - if your in the area this place is a must!!!

1  Thank DRudasill
Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Apparently this place has been around for a while although it was our first visit. The atmosphere is pleasant but you don't feel you're part of a scene, which is an asset if you're just looking for good food. We had a 9:30 reservation on a Wednesday and the place was still hopping, although it was emptying out by the time we left. Bottom line--delicious fish and seafood, good service, not overwhelmingly noisy. Would definitely return.

1  Thank deesh848
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I visited the Aquagrill recently. We have been devotees of the Oyster Bar at Grand Central for a number of years, visiting whenever we could get into the city. We decided to try a new place this time and were rewarded with a great experience. The restaurant does not have the grand physical scope of the Oyster Bar, with instead a much more intimate and less hustle and bustle feel. After we ordered, a complimentary tasting of salmon tartare on a house-made waffle potato chip was served. The saltiness of the chip was in counterpoint to the bright fresh taste of the tartare. My wife started with a tuna tartare which was a delicious combination of lightly spicy tuna with brilliantly fresh cucumber. I had the Billy Bi French mussel soup. This was a deliciously salty cream based soup with 5 or 6 huge mussels. For main, my wife had cod in truffle oil with mushroom ravioli and hen of the field mushrooms. This was smooth, buttery and mushroomy and completely satisfying, a great treatment of a fish I usually don't gravitate to. I, being on vacation, decided to treat myself! I got the seafood plateau, a two-tiered extravaganza of shellfish, raw and cooked. 12 raw oysters, 4 varieties, 6 clams-on-the-half-shell, shrimp, large pile of mussels, lobster, and whelks. This is not inexpensive. Is it a good value? Absolutely. I would add at this point, while on the subject of raw shellfish, that there is an extensive list of raw oysters from both coasts, with about 25 varieties on the menu when we visited. During my battle with the plateau, the waiter noticed that we were having trouble prying those whelks out of their shells. He came over and proceeded to help us with quite a pile. Undeterred by dinner, we (foolishly) ordered dessert. My wife had Apple Tart with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. Crisp, warm apples with smooth, full-flavored ice cream. I had the Peppered Pear Tart with creme anglais ice cream. I thought this was not quite as flavorful as the Apple Tart but still very good. Both were huge. By the end of the meal, I was done in. Although this restaurant was expensive, I feel it is an excellent meal and very good value and give it my unreserved recommendation. If you like seafood, go there!

1  Thank HSRSteve
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent service, delicious food, sitting was a little tight, but overall, a great place to be. Centrally located, as we walked to it

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Oysters look awesome although that's not my thing. I had the Mushroom Truffle crusted cod. I asked for something that would wow and it was very tasty! Love the buzz of the atmosphere and service was excellent.