“Great Menu and Servers”
Review of AQUAGRILL

AQUAGRILL
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUAGRILL is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: AQUAGRILL features NYCs best raw bar and delicious fish and seafood preparations using only the freshest and finest ingredients. Exotic and creative daily specials, 25 different types of oysters featured daily at the NYC's Best Raw Bar (Zagat 2017) and an Award Winning Wine List (Wine Spectator 2017) and Number One Brunch (Zagat 2017) served on the Saturday and Sunday. Please check our daily specials posted on our website for today's special selections and Aquagrill's full list of oysters available today.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went here for dinner on a Monday evening with family and friends. Unlike many NYC restaurants, they seated us right away for our 6:45pm reservation even though not everyone was present. We sat outside in enclosed sidewalk area......very pleasant. If you are looking for a true seafood place with lots of raw bar choices this is it. We had 3 dozens oysters from their truly wide selection, and shrimp. The Sea Bass entrees were a good size and well prepared. The wine choices are sufficient -- not too little but not huge. If you are a caviar fan, you can find two "different altitudes" to pick from.

The staff was attentive, had personality, and fun to be with. The service "bring out" was little spotty a few times but we were not in a rush. Ask for Giovanni to serve you -- he is a hoot.
I will go back for sure. If you are in the SOHO area then this is a must stop on your seafood itinearry.

2  Thank CGCx

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have eaten here several times and each time it gets better and better. Particularly if you are fond of seafood, as I am, this is easily my go-to place in New York City. A wonderful dining experience all around.

2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband picked out this restaurant for our New Year's outing. We both love seafood and he chose this place based on great reviews. We arrived at 6 pm and were seated in the area away from the bar. First thing I noticed is outdated decor and shabby walls. I didn't expect it to be one of the trendy modern places, but any high class/high priced restaurant of this kind would invest in clean, polished look to say the least. Food selection and presentation was average. They did have a good selection of oysters, but we decided to order lobster instead. For $60 an entre which didn't even include any side dish, I got mediocre dish with no authentic flavor whatsover. Shrimp coctail was nice, but nothing spectacular, clam chowder was as plain as it gets. My husband did like desert chocolates they offered, though. Service was average. Overall, poor value for $220 dinner. Would not return.

1  Thank lenka76
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I highly recommend to go for the oysters at Aquagrill. I have six for starters, and they all were perfect. I had today's special Monkfish for entree, which was also good, but the oysters are really what you come here for.

The athmosphere is as hectic as it should be in a popular restaurant, with nice music, very helpful and attentive service and something going on around you all the time. I enjoyed it!

1  Thank Hildegull
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had the pleasure of eating here back in May for dinner. Nice intimate table away from the bar area. Very attentive server and staff. Prepared something for me that was not on the menu, excellent! Dining partner did the whole selection of oysters, they even brought me out a couple of periwinkles to try. Had a little problem with someone taking my dessert, but they quickly prepared another one on the house and had arranged for a car to be ready to get us to the private show we were going to see. Loved it so much came back in November for a late after show dinner. Superb!!

2  Thank Sabrina813