“Close to Excellent!”
Review of AQUAGRILL

AQUAGRILL
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUAGRILL is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: AQUAGRILL features inspired fish and seafood preparations using only the freshest and finest ingredients. Exotic and creative daily specials, 25 different types of oysters featured daily at the NYC's Best Raw Bar (Zagat 2017) and an Award Winning Wine List (Wine Spectator 2016) and Number One Brunch (Zagat 2016) served on the Saturday and Sunday. Please check our daily specials posted on our website for today's special selections and Aquagrill's full list of oysters available today.
Perth, Australia
“Close to Excellent!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed almost everything about this place. For the meal we chose something a bit more exotic – Seafood Plateau Royale. We loved it! Atmosphere was lovely, made me want to spend there some more hours, which we unfortunately simply could not manage. Anyway, the food was great, the wine – brilliant. The only small minus goes to the waiters – sometimes they seemed too confused and slow. Perhaps it was their first day there, but since there was lots of people that night, I guess it’s nothing to be pulled apart.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
New York
“"What a delightful restaurant"”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant has a very festive feel to it. I don't like fish but perhaps I do....The crab cake appetizer was so flavorful. My friend had cod, which normally I do not like. After tasting hers, however, I will order that next time--a preparation with mushrooms and truffle topping. My choice of the tuna was also wonderful with an oriental flavor and accompaniment. For dessert we had blueberry pie--Yes, worth it. The service was excellent--attentive but comfortably informal. It's also a fun area to visit--Soho just near the West Village. The E train was right across from the restaurant. After dinner, you can walk along Spring Street and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
Bronx, New York
“Happy Eating!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went here for a first date and the meal and service were great! we ordered the seafood deluxe. This visit was a few years ago, however, the meal was so satisfying I still taste the flavors!

• Visited August 2012
Europe
“Great casual cozy restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic choice of oysters and seafood (I had 12 oysters, each of a different variety). Friendly, knowledgeable, respectful waiters. Great desserts. Would love to come back.

• Visited May 2013
Northern Ireland
“Fantastic seafood in a lovely neighbourhood setting”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family (4) had a super meal in Aquagrill in July when on holiday from Ireland. It was recommended to us and we saw it on Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. Whether a New Yorker or visiting, try this restaurant. It is easily accessible on the subway (right across from Spring station). We shared 2 great starters, Fresh, full of flavour. They served us 4 crabcakes instead of the usual 3 so we had one each. For main course the choice was extensive and we tried 4 different dishes. Every single one was superb, well cooked, innovative use of flavours, just great. And to round off , what looked like home made petit fours with our coffee. Service was great and the manager/owner came over to chat to us too. Everyone was so nice. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013