“Love it!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Ever since I was taken to have a Falafel at Mamouns, I have to return whenever I find myself in NYC! They are the best falafel ever! It is a small place with no seating area but definitely worth the experience! If the weather is good, grab one to go and have it in Washington Square park and enjoy the views.

1  Thank MitchLisbon
There are newer reviews for Mamoun's Falafel

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I (literally) stumbled across this place after getting hammered with my fiancé at a nearby jazz bar at roughly 3:30am.
The place was empty, all I noticed was the cheap prices on the menu so I bought a felafel wrap.
Expecting the trashy(but tasty) Middle Eastern style kebab wraps that are so common in my hometown of Melbourne, I nearly wept with joy when I tasted this incredible wrap.
The weeping part probably had a fair bit to do with the amount of alcohol I consumed earlier that evening, but you guys get my point: this food is fantastic and criminally cheap. If you don't eat here whilst strolling down MacDougal st, you should consider becoming a smarter person.
Actually, that last bit could have something to do with alcohol also.

I even went back to Mamouns whilst sober, and it was still amazing.

On yeah I nearly forgot: the hot sauce is intense!!! My spice loving fiancé nearly burnt her face off after spraying the stuff inside her wrap. Be warned.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Every time I am in New York, mamouns is my first stop. The falafels are cheap, delivered quickly and are amazingly tasty!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped by Mamoun's based on other reviewers. Remember to bring cash, as they do not accept credit cards. We both had shawarma sandwiches, which did not stand up to sandwiches I had tried in the Middle East but by American standards, they were very good. The meat was a bit fatty but the sandwiches were filling, flavorful and affordable ($6/sandwich).

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

AMAZING falafel sandwich with generous helping of hummus for $4?! My new favorite grab and go option in NYC. And be sure to try the hot sauce ... it's got some great kick!