“Oyster Happy Hour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cull & Pistol

Cull & Pistol
Reserve with OpenTable
Cull & Pistol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 13,478 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups, American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar is the Lobster Place's first full-service restaurant, located next door to the Lobster Place Seafood Market inside New York's famed Chelsea Market. Cull & Pistol is quickly becoming a neighborhood staple in Chelsea-known for delivering a truly fresh dining experience that includes an excellent variety of wine, craft beers and cocktails. The seasonal menu at Cull & Pistol takes full advantage of the remarkably fresh and varied offerings of the Lobster Place-seamlessly marrying New England classics like steamer clam chowder with more elevated fare like miso glazed Hamachi collars.
Arizona
“Oyster Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

In from AZ and figured we'd try Cull & Pistol for Happy Hour. We got there about 4:05 (30 minutes later than we should have), and had a 30 minute wait - Next time make it before HH starts. Anyway - 10 different oysters/$1 each - normal prices range $2-$3 a piece - east and west coast - tried them all along with $7 Sauvignon Blanc. Loved the oysters - great seating area at the bar - able to watch the non-stop shucking. The staff is cool and Chelsea market is fun to walk around before and after. HH is at the bar only, it is small and worth a bit of a wait - you will not feel rushed when you get to sit. Let's do this each trip back to the east coast.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
nyc
“Excellent Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is owned by the fishmonger next door. Their Maine lobster is as fresh as you can get. I love their lobster roll with their long thin crisp fries, grilled lobster, steMed lobsters and fresh oysters. Chelsea Market has been discovered by tourists now, Cull & Pistol will have a line out the door if tourists knew it is owned by where they buy their steamed lobsters and eat outside. Here, I get a table or over the counter. And I can have lobster rolls or grilled with grilled lemon. I can also order a salad and French fries on the side.

New York City, New York
“Fresh oysters at their best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

A good variety of fresh oysters from both coasts at a decent price. The menu was just the right size and innovative with an excellent grilled octopus salad, fish and chips, and really tasty shoe string fries with their variation of Old Bay seasoning. The atmosphere is lively and the place small so make a reservation if possible.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Wonderful Oyster Happy Hour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My friend and I had been shopping within Chelsea Market and I was actually looking for a bar for cocktails when I saw the chalkboard sign outside advertising $1 oysters during Happy Hour. I absolutely LOVE Oysters, so it was a no-brainer to check it out. We were promptly greeted by friendly and attentive staff who explained the various oysters they were serving and provided us with an order chart to select the quantity of each of the various oysters on the menu. Our waiter Tomas explained the order in which the oysters were arranged on the serving platter so we knew which particular oyster we were eating. Everything we selected was outstanding & fresh. Every oyster was like taking a bite out of the ocean. We particularly enjoyed the Weskeag, Maine and ordered a second round of these in addition to the Grilled Octopus Salad (which we ordered twice). The Sauvignon Blanc paired perfectly with everything. All in all, this was an amazing find which we will definitely repeat. If you love fresh oysters and a small friendly environment with attentive staff this is a great place to discover.

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great food in a small place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here last night with friends.
It is in a small place inside the Chelsea Market.
Great food! Two of us ordered
the entree size tagliatelle in squid ink. It wasn't exactly the best but It was delish! The pasta was fresh and the squid, which I think was toasted, tasted so good. My only comment about that was that the sauce was a little too thick for a thick pasta. It couldve used a thinner sauce or a thinner pasta.
My friends had lobster roll, which I got to taste, too. The lobster meat was chunky and the bread, yum, melting in your mouth.
Dont miss the clam toast, by the way. That alone filled me.
The staff was wonderful and hospitable.
We had reservations for 4 at 7 pm but my friend and I came late. They didnt boot us and cancel our reservation. Instead, my 2 other friends were allowed to sit ahead of us.
The place is cozy. Its just beautiful.
Also, check the drinks list; its got some unique choices, including that tabasco-infused drink and ginger beer or something.
Highly recommended. Very affordable!

• Visited October 2013