“Very good, authentic food, nice atmosphere”
Review of Cocina Economica Mexico - CLOSED

Cocina Economica Mexico
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Eislingen, Germany
“Very good, authentic food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

That's a pretty nice place if you want traditional mexican food in a nice and cozy atmosphere. Pork shoulder and short ribs are great, as is the chicken chipotle and the enchiladas. Interesting but rather expensive cocktails as well.

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“After sitting for tickets at the Delacorte...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's true, we had been up since five something. It's also true that the only other food we had eaten had that day had come (mercifully) via a local deli delivery man to the line at the Delacorte. And still, this was the sort of impromptu, early lunch that made me want to eat every bite twice.

My partner had pork something, so I cannot weigh in. But my chicken quesadilla was a thing divine. So was the guacamole. And the homemade chips? Sigh.

• Visited July 2013
“FABULOUS meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Cactus salad, octopus salad, avocado corn bread, salmon in banana leaf, black sea bass special..ALL AMAZING!! Love the very pure margaritas and the cucumber drink..so refreshing...very small but have never had much of a wait...Simple, reasonable with fab food...

• Visited July 2013
“Their name says it all”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Dinner for two with drinks, tax and tip was $53. Daughter had cactus salad and veg empanadas . I had flavor filled pork shoulder with soft corn tortillas and several salsas. The place is tiny and there's no sidewalk seating meaning go early or late to get a table. Wine was pricey but at least 7 oz pour. Usual Mex beers. Will definitely go again.

• Visited June 2013
“Very special”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I really like this restaurant, I popped in here for a coffee ($3.50) and a banana empanada ($7.00) on a Saturday morning before the weekend brunch crowd arrived. It has a laid back atmosphere and great decor. I would definitely come back here the next time I am working in the neighborhood. Great little find and sometimes I'm sorry to give away my favorite places, but instead of being selfish and keeping a great spot to myself, I will share it and risk not being able to get a table the next time I am there.

• Visited April 2013