“A Lot of Fun...and Not Very Hard!”

TD Five Boro Bike Ride
Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Lot of Fun...and Not Very Hard!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I live in Canada and when I signed up last January for the 2013 5 Boro Bike Tour, I resolved to get out on my bike as soon as possible and start training - I've never been a big fan of the stationary bike. Alas, mother nature conspired against me and we had snow on the ground even after ther 5 boro was over, for heaven's sake! So there I was: far from tip-top shape and approaching middle age. I was kinda worried. I had visions of falling behind and having to get picked up by the support van. I was slotted in the first wave of the staggered start and, truthfully, I was considering backing out right up until the point that the starter's pistol went. Then I just got swept up in the momentum and kept peddling, peddling, peddling. I was amazed at the ease with which I completed the tour. It was fantastic! I recommend it to anyone - it's a great way to see areas of NYC that a typical tourist likely wouldn't venture into. Loved it!

Visited May 2013