“No Cheese Stands Alone!”
Review of Murray's Cheese

Murray's Cheese
Order Online
Ranked #31 of 16,328 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Deli
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Welcome to a fantasy park made of cheeses and gourmet delicacies like you've never witnessed. Do not go here hungry or you will have to hire someone to help you to a taxi with all of your purchases. A Greenwich Village landmark for almost 80 years, this market (sister of Murray's Cheesebar Restaurant), offers every kind of temptation associated with cheese and specialty foods. Just to sniff the air is intoxicating. Meats, gifts, jams, crackers, olives, cheese cutters, it goes on and on. You have to see this place. The perfect spot to find something to share at that party you're headed for. Indulge!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Murrays is legendary for their knowledge and selection of International cheeses - they deserve all the praise they get.

Do not leave this place before ordering the basic grilled cheese sandwich. Take it and walk down Bleeker with it. Akin to walking through Paris with a baguette, only cooler.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

I was nearby Murray's so I stopped in to get a few items for my friends. The hardest thing was deciding with all the delicious options. I could have been there for hours!

Date of visit: May 2019
9  Thank misopiso88
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in to Murray's Cheese to kill time waiting for friends to join us. My 16yo son loves to try new, interesting cheeses and this place was Nirvana for him! We ended up getting an old favorite and a new taste, at the suggestion of the knowledgeable person behind the counter. Add a fresh bagette and we had a tasty snack. So glad our hotel had a fridge!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019

I go to Murray's Cheese regularly when I visit NYC. Love the ambience, and service is always excellent. Love the cheese selection and dinner menu suffices for my simple American palette. Have never had an experience at this restaurant that didn't meet expectations. I staple in my NYC dining experience - I'll be back.

Date of visit: March 2019