“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square
Ranked #110 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. This will be where I stay each and everytime I go to NYC from now on. The staff is beyond wonderful and helpful. They never had an issue providing subway information or directions. The room was perfect size for two people (we had the King Room), bathroom was extremely clean and we had a great view of both the Empire State Building and Macys. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and also a nice sitting area with computers available for free use and a computer especially for printing boarding passes. There is a laundry room and they provide free detergent and softener, of course it costs to actually wash the clothes. I will recommend this hotel to anyone going to NYC because we had such an incredible experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank khat813
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear khat813,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to be your new NYC hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice new hotel (believe opened Apr / May of 2014)
Location great!! Easy walk to Times Square and other attractions.
Rooms small and perfectly adequate. Stayed in room 1503. View of Empire State Building and Macy's.. Nice standup shower (hate bathtub showers in hotels) Free WIFI. King bed was wonderful. Very comfortable as were the pillows.
Closet a little on the small side for a week long visit, as was the small, bathroom counter.
Staff courteous and helpful. 4 new Mac computers in the lobby. Rooftop bar on the 18th floor we did not try. Safety deposit box in room.

Marriott delivers as usual. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: stayed on 15th floor. The odd numbered rooms on south side, upper floors, have oblique views of Emp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank coopthepoop
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear coopthepoop,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We constantly strive to exceed our guest's expectations and welcome the opportunity to do so again. We look forward to having you back again soon. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Fairly new Courtyard with a great location. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is an outside covered patio on the lobby level (4th floor) that is a unique, enjoyable feature. Rooms are very clean am efficient with its space. Location is wonderful (6th avenue and 35th street - looking over herald square. Great location for walking, using the Citi Bikes, subway or bus stops.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Paul D
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of our conveniences. I would be happy to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Thank you for calling us "a little gem" and the great review!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This Courtyard has only been open a few months, and is expectedly in really great shape. It is clean, and was built with all the latest Courtyard ameneties. They have a dock of Mac enabled desktops for web browsing (with a printer), the Starbucks/Bistro food service, the "Market", multiple lounge areas (including one with a giant flatscreen), and really beautiful patio overlooking Herald Square from the 2nd floor.

The location is awsome. The Herald Square subway station stairwell is 20 feet from the door. There are Citi-Bikes around the corner, and plenty of Cab trafic 24 hours a day. We took the PATH train from Herald Square to go to a Jets game at the Meadowlands, and it could not have been more convenient.

Rooms are nice and new, and while not overly spacious are consistent with what you would expect at this price point in NYC.

I also have to say that the staff at the front desk and bistro were all very friendly. They were helpful, engaging, and also asked us alot of thoughtful questions about our experience at the hotel. Being a new hotel, you could tell they were still trying to gather information to make recomendations to future guests.

I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick D
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear nickman44,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We love our convenient location and clean and modern facilities. But most of all, we strive to provide the best service to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel couldnt be in a better location. It is right beside Macys and Victorias Secret! The rooms were a pretty good size for a new york hotel. The bed was comfy, there was a safety deposit box, the bathroom was a good size. The only criticism is that i would have liked a bath and there wasnt one but it wouldnt stop me from staying there again. Another negative is the elevator is painfully slow but again, nothing that would stop us from staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear gemz1989,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. Thank you for your feedback. It is from feedback, such as yours, that we are able to continuously strive to improve and exceed our guest's expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This Courtyard has only been open for a few months, but they have gotten it right. The hotel staff are very helpful, the rooms have been nicely done, and the location is good.

The opened a rooftop bar last week when I was there. I would highly recommend the property. The rooms are very good size, and very clean.

The only down side was the elevator system. They appear to be new, but are EXTREMELY slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank demetgolf

Dear demetgolf,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. Thank you for your accolades. I will certainly share them with the team to highlight the successes. We strive to exceed the guest's expectations. With that said, I thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel soon. Thank you for a great review!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I asked for this property to be added to tripadvisor because I use the site <always> for reviews on restaurants and hotels when traveling. I was really eager to write a review for this newly opened Courtyard. Stayed there a few weeks after it opened in June because my son who lives in NY had an emergency surgery on a very busy weekend (Gay Pride) and we needed a place last minute after driving down from Boston. We were so pleased with the people at the front desk in getting the accommodations we needed--great room, and the hotel is perfectly located. Went to the City again on July 27/28 and chose the Courtyard at Herald Square again & had another great experience--clean rooms and terrific customer service helping with last minute changes in number of beds. Even with a sold out situation--they made it happen; help from both Corey and Mike at the front desk--much appreciated. Having lived in NY, I still go back quite frequently--this Courtyard is my new hotel of choice. I'll take friendly customer-focused people, clean lobby and rooms, and a very comfortable bed over an in house bar/ restaurant any day. Who needs that with so many just steps or cab ride away? Highly recommend this property and I have stayed at many properties in the City over the past 15 years--this is my new fave.

Room Tip: I choose a low floor by elevators so I get out and enjoy this great city!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JudyArlingtonMA
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear JudyArlingtonMA,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Manhattan/Herald Square. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed both of your previous stays. We are happy to be your new hotel of choice in New York City. We strive to constantly exceed our guest's expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for the great review!