SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$265
Travelocity
$303
$254
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,069 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingbryant parkgreat locationthe breakfast areatimes squarenew yorkbagelsmicrowave and fridgefree breakfastherald squarewould stay here againbreakfast staffpenn stationfrosted glassbathroom doorfront desk stafffew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

arrived in new York city, for family get together. had my wife with me going to see my family from france , the place looked great , the door man was cool at the time we checked in .
we couldn't park on the street for the next morning , so the door man said that they had a valet
service , that was top notch and that they were checked out . before they could touch the car or in my case my pick up truck . they charged me $ 55.00 plus what I payed for the room ,
the next day we check out and waited the valet to bring my truck two hours later still no truck
three hours later still no truck .3.5 hours later after checking out . the daytime door tell s me the truck used a quarter of tank in gasoline , did not think about what was said until I got home and the city of new York sent a red light ticket so had to pay it and pay for the quarter looked at the person driving the truck , and surprising to me it was not me or my wife , so I payed for the room
payed for the valet , and payed for the ticked and gas and was lied too !
so if you dare enter the hotel remember it could become the hotel from hell
i

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank mike k
SpringHillSuitesNYC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Mike K

I apologize whole heartedly for what was clearly a great stay back in June. to suddenly get a ticket in the mail from your stay. That is clearly not what we want for our guests. Being New York we do not have parking and parking is limited as well, which is why we contract with a valet company and garage here in the city. I want to assure you that I have begun an investigation into this and am working with our garage to rectify the ticket the valet driver got bringing your car to the garage.

Had we known back then we would have handled it right away, and still would be more than happy to pay for the ticket. You should not have to pay for something you did not incure.

I do want to thank you for letting us know so that we can work on improving the valet services provided here at the hotel. Also I apologize again. As you can see from other posts we do provide great service and the staff would never want to mislead you.

I hope if you come back to New York that you give us another chance and know that ithis is not the norm for the hotel, but the exception.

Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2014

the hotel is in an excellent location. close and walking distance to theatre/restaurants/shopping/subway station/attractions (bryant park). the staff was always friendly and accomodating. room was always clean, roomy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hi Pearl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy that you found our location, rooms, and staff service ideal for your vacation needs. We hope that you will join us again when you visit New York.

Have A Great Day

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed for three nights as part of our seven week driving holiday. The hotel easy to find using Google Maps and counting the streets. The two down sides where, 65 USD. per night parking this really bumps up your costs. The second was our room was very cold and the heating system just pumped out cold air. We asked for an extra blanket in the end.
The room was not big but had all that we needed. Good view if the E S B from our window.. Good breakfast and very convenient to sight see New York.

Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello AlexanderSpain,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive so that we can use it to improve our product for our current and future guests. If you choose to stay with us again in the future please feel free to let our staff know anytime that you have a need that we can address such as your heating system in your room. We always have someone on staff that is more than happy to assist you with anything that you need. I’m glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and views of the city. I hope you had a safe trip home and that we will see you next time you are in the Big Apple!

Thanks Again

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned from 6 nights at this hotel - Family of 4 stayed in room with view of Empire State Building which was very clean, comfortable and above average size for a NYC hotel with free WIFI Breakfast had good choice of fresh fruit, yogurts, variety of bread, beverages, etc. All staff were efficient, friendly and willing to provide assistance - nothing too much trouble!! We were caught up in snow storm on 3rd January 14 with our flight to UK cancelled - the reception staff could not have been more helpful in assisting us with resolving this issue. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will use this hotel on our next visit to New York.

Room Tip: We had room 1805 with a wonderful view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank McGowan2014
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello McGowan2014,

Thank you for your feedback and great review. I see that you were here for the first major snow storm of the year. I’m glad that you were able to make it back home safely and that our staff was happy to assist in helping you with your issue. I will pass-on your feedback to our staff so that they know how satisfied you were with their efforts. They will be happy to hear that your family enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, WIFI, and service. Happy New Year and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved this hotel and plan to stay here again on my next trip to New York City. One of my favorite hotels I have stayed at ever, let alone in New York City. I would recommend to anyone. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful along with the hotel being situated in an ideal location, just a short walk from the famous times square. Stayed here with family for 4 nights, room service was excellent and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan Z

Good Afternoon Jonathon,

Thank you for your great review. To hear one of our guest’s say that this was one of your favorite hotels you have ever stayed at ever is the ultimate compliment to us. I’m glad that you found the staff, location, and room to fit you and your families needs. We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to New York City. Best regards to you and your family from the SpringHill!

Happy New Year