“Great Hotel in Manhattan”

SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #154 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel in Manhattan”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family of 4 stayed here the first week of December and wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating and every staff member we encountered was friendly and asked if we needed anything. The location is unbelievable and our view of the Empire State Building was breathtaking. The room was bigger than others in the city and very, very clean. Breakfast can get crowded, but it was good. It was a very short walk to Macys, ESB, and Bryant Park. There is a great little grocery across the street, as well as the famous Frankie & Johnny's Steakhouse. Location, Location, Location! This hotel is amazing. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a junior or executive suite for more room, especially with kids.
2 Thank ski4life5321
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Ski4life,

Thank you for the great review. I’m glad that you found our location ideal for you and your family. The pictures that you took from your room were great! (Especially the picture of the Empire State Building with the holiday lighting)

It sounds like you explored the area around our hotel and found all of the convenient options within walking distance for our guests. Our breakfast area is more compact than other hotels outside of the city, but we are always looking for ways to improve the breakfast experience at our hotel. I am sure when you visit us again in the future we will have new exciting options that you will enjoy. Thank you for the positive feedback, and we will see you on your next trip!

Safe Travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Del Mar, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

arrived in new York city, for family get together. had my wife with me going to see my family from france , the place looked great , the door man was cool at the time we checked in .
we couldn't park on the street for the next morning , so the door man said that they had a valet
service , that was top notch and that they were checked out . before they could touch the car or in my case my pick up truck . they charged me $ 55.00 plus what I payed for the room ,
the next day we check out and waited the valet to bring my truck two hours later still no truck
three hours later still no truck .3.5 hours later after checking out . the daytime door tell s me the truck used a quarter of tank in gasoline , did not think about what was said until I got home and the city of new York sent a red light ticket so had to pay it and pay for the quarter looked at the person driving the truck , and surprising to me it was not me or my wife , so I payed for the room
payed for the valet , and payed for the ticked and gas and was lied too !
so if you dare enter the hotel remember it could become the hotel from hell
i

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank mike k
SpringHillSuitesNYC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Mike K

I apologize whole heartedly for what was clearly a great stay back in June. to suddenly get a ticket in the mail from your stay. That is clearly not what we want for our guests. Being New York we do not have parking and parking is limited as well, which is why we contract with a valet company and garage here in the city. I want to assure you that I have begun an investigation into this and am working with our garage to rectify the ticket the valet driver got bringing your car to the garage.

Had we known back then we would have handled it right away, and still would be more than happy to pay for the ticket. You should not have to pay for something you did not incure.

I do want to thank you for letting us know so that we can work on improving the valet services provided here at the hotel. Also I apologize again. As you can see from other posts we do provide great service and the staff would never want to mislead you.

I hope if you come back to New York that you give us another chance and know that ithis is not the norm for the hotel, but the exception.

Regards
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014

the hotel is in an excellent location. close and walking distance to theatre/restaurants/shopping/subway station/attractions (bryant park). the staff was always friendly and accomodating. room was always clean, roomy.

Hi Pearl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy that you found our location, rooms, and staff service ideal for your vacation needs. We hope that you will join us again when you visit New York.

Have A Great Day
spain
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed for three nights as part of our seven week driving holiday. The hotel easy to find using Google Maps and counting the streets. The two down sides where, 65 USD. per night parking this really bumps up your costs. The second was our room was very cold and the heating system just pumped out cold air. We asked for an extra blanket in the end.
The room was not big but had all that we needed. Good view if the E S B from our window.. Good breakfast and very convenient to sight see New York.

Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello AlexanderSpain,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive so that we can use it to improve our product for our current and future guests. If you choose to stay with us again in the future please feel free to let our staff know anytime that you have a need that we can address such as your heating system in your room. We always have someone on staff that is more than happy to assist you with anything that you need. I’m glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and views of the city. I hope you had a safe trip home and that we will see you next time you are in the Big Apple!

Thanks Again
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned from 6 nights at this hotel - Family of 4 stayed in room with view of Empire State Building which was very clean, comfortable and above average size for a NYC hotel with free WIFI Breakfast had good choice of fresh fruit, yogurts, variety of bread, beverages, etc. All staff were efficient, friendly and willing to provide assistance - nothing too much trouble!! We were caught up in snow storm on 3rd January 14 with our flight to UK cancelled - the reception staff could not have been more helpful in assisting us with resolving this issue. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will use this hotel on our next visit to New York.

Room Tip: We had room 1805 with a wonderful view of the Empire State Building
1 Thank McGowan2014
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello McGowan2014,

Thank you for your feedback and great review. I see that you were here for the first major snow storm of the year. I’m glad that you were able to make it back home safely and that our staff was happy to assist in helping you with your issue. I will pass-on your feedback to our staff so that they know how satisfied you were with their efforts. They will be happy to hear that your family enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, WIFI, and service. Happy New Year and thank you again for your review!
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved this hotel and plan to stay here again on my next trip to New York City. One of my favorite hotels I have stayed at ever, let alone in New York City. I would recommend to anyone. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful along with the hotel being situated in an ideal location, just a short walk from the famous times square. Stayed here with family for 4 nights, room service was excellent and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan Z
Good Afternoon Jonathon,

Thank you for your great review. To hear one of our guest’s say that this was one of your favorite hotels you have ever stayed at ever is the ultimate compliment to us. I’m glad that you found the staff, location, and room to fit you and your families needs. We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to New York City. Best regards to you and your family from the SpringHill!

Happy New Year
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

my boyfriend and I went down to nyc for one night and we arrived 4 hours before check in time. We didnt want to carry our lumpy heavy bags with us through the city or waste time sitting around when we had such limited time to enjoy the city, and the hotel was kind enough to let us check in early and gave us a great street view. They were helpful with all of the questions we had, since we are novice travelers of the city. Then when we left, our bus wasnt leaving for several hours after check out, and once again the hotel accomodated us by letting us leave our bags with them for the few hours before our trip so we could go enjoy the city a little longer. All the little things they did for us made the trip that much better. Oh, and the bed? SO comfortable, even on the way home we made comments about how we wish we had more nights sleeping in that bed! terrific shower and bedroom size/decor/ammenities, etc. all of it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jess L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear when our guests are happy with the level of service they received during their time with us. I’m happy to hear that we were able to help make things comfortable for you before you’re check-in as well as after you checked out.

We understand that it’s the little things that our guest’s remember, and can have a great impact on the overall experience and satisfaction of the guests of our hotel. I hope your trip home was as easy and enjoyable as your time in the city.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future.