“Friendliest service and most tender chicken!”
Review of Hummus Kitchen

Hummus Kitchen
Ranked #2,747 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and I were travelling from Australia and stumbled upon this place with great reviews on yelp. We are huge fans of Mediterranean cuisine so this was right up our alley! The waitress (Taylor) and the manager Austin were incredibly friendly and served us extremely well.

In terms of the food, we ordered the original hummus which was beautifully seasoned and had a lovely creamy texture. As fans of healthy eating we enjoyed the wholewheat option for bread and the vegetables/salad that accompanied our mains. The Spring Chicken was very flavoursome and I ordered the Mediterranean Red Chicken, both which go wonderfully with the hot sauce. They do a great mint lemonade too, and for a very filling meal it was super reasonable in terms of price compared to other restaurants we visited.

The ambience of the restaurant and the interiors also added to the experience. A great place to visit with your partner, or for a meal with a small group of friends. Highly recommend and would definitely return!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

small but very nice place, good decor. The waiters were very nice. We needed to eat pretty fast, so we asked them to if that was possible, so they made a very good and fast job without any inconvenience.
Apart from all these things, the food was delicious. Awesome cous cous with chicken, may be the best I ever tried. Falafel very tasty and smooth too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great Mediterranean food, the service was very attentive. And food was good, I just think the hummus was a bit dry. But overall I really enjoyed meal.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visited Hummus Kitchen before watching Evita with a close friend and love, love, loved it. The hummus platter was divine and the falafel, babaganush, bureka, shakshuka, it was all delicious. She and I shared a sampling of all of it together and it was just surreal.

The atmosphere is nice, but the restaurant itself is quite narrow, so don't expect ultra private or roomy areas. It's kind of a whole in the wall, but I enjoyed.

Summary: Absolutely delicious!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I order from this restaurant quite often, and their food is rather delicious. I recommend their hummus selections, felafel wrap and Moroccan wrap as well. But their vegetarian couscous was a bit disappointing...it's bland. Overall great restaurant though!