Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Rude Bus Driver & exhausting trip - 2 days Nigara Falls

Reviewed August 5, 2018
FamilyTheunis
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A very exhausting and not truly enjoyable experience!

Last weekend my wife and I took the "3-Day Montreal, Albany, Quebec Canada Tour from New... read more

Reviewed July 25, 2018
Pavlenol
Forest Hills, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2018

GREAT TOUR MORE THAN SLIGHTLY RUSHED

This tour’s biggest problem is that it tries to fit too much into 3 days. Results in early starts, late finishes (14 hour days are the go) and not enough time at some venues to fully appreciate everything. This was the case in Washington where I only had an hour to check THE SUPREME COURT and then walk back to visit the AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM and in PHILLY where only 50 min were given to check (externally only) features in the INDEPENDENCE AREA. And I could have spent a lot more time at lovely WATKINS GLEN. However desperates like me with limited time in the north-east may find this is the only way to fit certain places into their itinerary – to visit a place quickly is better than not at all.

VENUES – some better than others. Highlights for me were “THE MAID OF THE MIST” below the falls at NIAGARA and WASHINGTON’s AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM. Some were unexpectedly good – WATKINS GLEN is included mainly to break the long journey between Niagara and DC but I found the trek down the GORGE TRAIL a great experience. Similarly the IMAX theatre at NIAGARA although a bit cheesy was more interesting than I thought. The RIVER CRUISE in DC although a bit exxy was similar.
However punters wishing to save money might exclude THE SECRET CAVE from their choices (another ‘break the trip’ location and a bit underwhelming if you have seen good cave areas) and maybe the last day’s BUFFET LUNCH if they like me overdid the previous evening’s buffet.
A note on the HOTELS – these are variable but we were fortunate in getting the HOLIDAY INN at NIAGARA which was a very good hotel (the best room I stayed in all trip) within walking distance of the falls. Our DC area place was a RED ROOF chain joint – perfectly adequate and exactly what I expected BOTH would be.

STAFF – hats off to tour leader LILLIAN and driver EDDAR. Both worked 12-14 hour days and I (up front behind them) noticed every spare minute was spent fielding calls from head office, working finances, ringing venues yada. Lillian had to give lengthy commentaries in both ENGLISH and CHINESE (the tour originates in CHINATOWN – 60% of passengers Chinese and interestingly 35% Indian. Of the 5% Caucasian I was the only “Anglo” - the rest were Russian). I’m a low income senior from Oz – Australia is not a tipping culture (JOKE– what’s the difference between a canoe and an Aussie? Canoes sometimes tip). But I slipped a few dollars to each on top of the obligatory service fee.

SUGGESTIONS – study up on each place so that if there is free time you can make the best of it. At NIAGARA you will have after dinner to re-explore the falls top area – I didn’t realise there’s so much to see there and missed a few good places..
-LISTEN CAREFULLY TO MEET-UP INSTRUCTIONS. If you are doing an alternative activity double-check where to hook up with the main group – one couple missed the “MAID OF THE MIST”.
- Often late, relying on: “THEY’LL WAIT FOR US”? They won’t. We left a couple in DC otherwise even less time in Philly.
- be aware the CORNING GLASS visit is only available winter months when WATKINS GLEN is closed.
- if airplanes and space-craft don’t float yer boat there are good free alternatives in the adjacent museum mile.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Most of people on tour are Chinese, therefore stopped on Chinese buffet, which are horrible. Same as costumer service, tour people were rude & always wanted you to give them lots of cash, always last minute tips & fees. Area for food in Niagra falls was disgusting there were only Korean & Indian food LITERALLY, the place was nasty with roaches & expensive.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed.
I bought in internet the tour 4 days-3 nights from Chicago to Niagara Falls, from August 30th to September 2nd: I had read the program, I had liked it and I had paid for it, but... the very Very bad surprice was that... there were NO supper at Niagara Falls and NO Niagara Falls view by night, as programmed (and WRITTEN on the web) at the end of the second day of the tour.
When I complained, the guide told me what was written in the web was a mistake 'cause the program was DIFFERENT and in fact we slept very far from Niagara Falls... in a place 2 hours drive far from there. TakeATour could't sell me a tour and then give me ANOTHER program rather than what I paid!!!!
It was unbelievable.
I'll never have a taketour trip anymore!
Update the website and don't sell a thing from another!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Excellent trip.
Very caring, understanding, ever-accessible, and sweet and humble guide VICKY.
Very professional, experienced and handsome pilot/driver Mr. THOMMY.
His very smooth driving made our journey very comfortable and easy.
GOD BLESS THEM.
You, L n L Travels may be having huge treasur of such people but the two above are true GEMS.
Will always have very sweet and loving memories and will definitely like to travel with such people.

P.S.: Please do convey our heartfelt thanks/gratitudes to both.

Tarachand Dhameja
Jaya Dhameja
( Senior Citizens )

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Very good tour operator.i visited lake placid.the tour guide zoe lee is very good.service is excelent.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I will not recommend this tour if you really want to explore the area.

The guide was ok but the driver was hell and very rude. He keeps smoking always. My son did popo and I requested to stop. Driver refused to stop even he was not on the highway. When I pressed that they are violating the rules then only he stopped and that too with very bad language.

They give you very little time to visit places. Also they merge FOOD Time with attraction time. for example, in glass museum, they provided only 2 hrs including Lunch time. The museum show itself was 40 mins.

The driver of my tour was very rude. He does not care if there is a big line for toilet. He wants everyone to pee in the pants rather than waiting for few mins.

Worst experience of my life.

Thanks
Abhishek

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

The worst company. We booked a 2 days trip to thousand Islands and Niagara Falls. We spent the first day just on the road with a short visit to the Thousand Islands. We arrived at the hotel at 10pm and we left at 5:45 am without breakfast and the 2 ladies Emma and Nancy refused to stop at any place to have breakfast. During the second day there was the in-depth tour to the whirlpool and the French Fort. We didn’t watch the movie but we were obliged to wait the ones who went to watch it, CRAZY !!!!! Everything in hurry. No breakfast, no coffee cups on the bus. Whether you used the restroom or not you have to come after 10 minuets. The worst trip ever. I would NOT recommend it and they don’t deserve the $10 service fee per seat per day. It was the worst service.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We booked Niagara Fall Tour that took place on 21st July to 22nd July 2018 thru Globerouter and noticed on the E-voucher mentioned L&L Travel, Inc (as our Local Tour Operator) which upon some research is also known as UUtours from clicking on the link on TripAdvisor - but when emailed to service@uutours.com the email bounced back.

We would like to give our feedback about this tour:

Shelly Liu our tour guide was very kind, attentive and accommodating. The communication between her and us was good and prompt - from before we depart New York.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about the Driver - Mr. Mai.
He was rude, unaccommodating and should not be in the service industry with an attitude like that.

Incidents:

1st 'pit-stop - we were running late by 10 mins as many passengers needed to go to the toilet. He was already showing signs of 'being not pleased with this. There he already had a bad body language. (suggestion for next time is that ONLY the ones with real emergency need to go to toilet (as the case with the elderly couple and others remain in the bus until the official bus stop)

At glass museum - although Shelly said, please do come and talk with us (driver and herself), and ask away questions and have some chats. Mr. Mai clearly did not present himself as someone who is approachable and was standing by the bus once again in a ' bad body language'.

Watkins Glen - There were a few 'older ladies' who did not join the walk. it started to rain, and these ladies (among them my mother) tried to find shelter by going into the bus. These ladies ranging age from 60+ years old were shouted at by the driver when he discovered that the passengers were inside the bus without him and found the bus unlocked. Once he 'caught' these passengers in the bus, he SHOUTED "Get out of my bus, get out, get out'! One of the ladies started to eat, she sat at the front and by the bin, and was very clean in what she was doing. Again, he shouted ' get out and don't eat in my bus.
This is in NO WAY how to talk to a customer. There are much better ways to express when he doesn't want people in the bus nor eat.

2nd Day - as we are leaving the Niagara that early morning, it was raining pretty hard. The tour guide had requested that would park the bus to the hotel side, so people can run from the lobby straight into the bus, instead of getting wet as we needed to cross the road. I made the same request and it fell on deaf ears ... he simply ignored that request. (How hard is it for him to turn the bus and park closely, just like the other buses we saw).

When we entered the bus, we noticed that the rubbish bin from the night before was not even cleared yet. It was only after we stopped at the Old Niagara Fort did the driver empty the bin.

The feeling that my family and I had about the driver was clearly shared among the other passengers. Not only direct sharing how unaccommodating he is, or rude in his way of talking ... but that he does NOT deserve to receive the same amount of tips money to that of Shelly! A few made a comments which we overheard that majority of tip money received, should go to Shelly and no split it equally.

Lastly, for an added feedback about the 'tour package' - it would be great if the company can provide us with breakfast or have an organised 'take away box' from the hotel. The bus picked us up at 7am - breakfast at the hotel had opened at 6.30/7pm - this doesn't leave much time for someone to eat. Either provide that or leave the hotel a little later so people can have proper breakfast as the journey back to NYC was long and no decent place to have lunch either.

If it was not for Shelly, the rating would have gone to 1 star purely because the driver is very rude and should not be in the service industry!

1  Thank FamilyTheunis
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Last weekend my wife and I took the "3-Day Montreal, Albany, Quebec Canada Tour from New York".
That was the 2nd and most likely the last tour we bought from Take Tours/L&L Travel. I think it would be better to post review on some third-party websites like Yelp as these tourist agencies seem to filter their customers' reviews and keep only the ones rated 4-5 stars.
The Day 1 of our tour was a total mess. We booked a departure from Flushing, NY at 7am and arrived in there at 6:30am just to find out that we would be boarding a "shuttle" bus and been transferred to the Manhattan Chinatown. So we wasted almost 1.5 hour in the morning rush hour traffic and then had a quest to find our bus parked somewhere in the Chinatown streets. The tour bus was not really comfortable with very limited room for carry-on luggage in the overhead compartments. As frequently mentioned in other reviews, they strongly discouraged anyone from using the bus restroom because "the smell will be all over the bus". After another 30min delays we finally departed. The tour guide Wendy was the most unprofessional and incompetent guide we'd ever met. Don't know how she is still managing to work in this business. She was talking about everything except really useful things for our trip and provided almost no tourist information along the route. All the time she seemed to be under pressure and transferred that feeling to the group. In addition, she repeated every sentence 3-5 times which was very annoying. On the first day she began to offer a "buffet dinner/lunch" for the entire trip and collect money ($30-38 per meal) in advance. All attractions had to be paid in cash in the bus as well (at least 25% more than the actual entry tickets). There was also a "mandatory service fee of $10 per person per day" which they hadn't added to the base price in order to keep it more attractive.
I don't know why they mentioned Albany in the tour description as the bus didn't have a stop there and not even going through this city. We rushed directly to Montreal. Taking into account the morning delays, we arrived about 2 hours late and had totally insufficient time to explore this nice city. Actually, we were able to visit only the Olympic Tower and stopped for less than an hour in the "Old Montreal" neighborhood. Unfortunately, the Notre-Dame Basilica was already closed, the Montreal Biodome was closed for renovation until 2019 (the Take Tours web-site still doesn't show that), there were no ways to visit any museum. As recommended by Wendy, the half of the group went to the Montreal Chinatown to buy some pastries because our hotel didn't provide breakfast. After a few more delays caused by "organized" dinner and going on and off the bus, we arrived at Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal at 10:15pm to "take some pictures" when it was hardly visible in the dark. Then Wendy announced that "our hotel is 1.5 hour drive away form Montreal" so check-in time would be closer to the midnight... That was a very long day!
The Day 2 was slightly better. At least, we didn't have to wake up at 5:30am. That day was mainly dedicated to Quebec City and we did have 2 hours of free time to explore the historic city center full of ancient buildings. The people who hadn't bought lunch in the bus were rewarded with an opportunity to chose among many (much cheaper) local restaurants. At 3pm we proceeded to the next attraction - Montmorency Falls (11 miles from Quebec City). Actually, people can view the falls for free but the company decided to collect the cable car fee and bring everybody up the hill where the views are not so nice. We had only about an hour to enjoy the natural beauty. Then the bus delivered us to another Chinese buffet, very close to our hotel. Fortunately, my wife and I didn't order any buffet meals and were able to buy enough cooked food in the local Metro supermarket. Since the hotel was located in a small town, we we're disappointed about spending less time in Quebec City in favor of the "prepaid" dinner.
On Day 3 we had to wake up at 4:30am (!) because we "should arrive at the border before Greyhound buses and make a 1 hour stop at the Duty Free store". There was so much rush that we didn't have breakfast. Not far away from the border (on the U.S. side) was our last attraction - Ausable Chasm. That's a really beautiful place but again, we had very little time to explore and enjoy it...
To conclude: if you are lucky to get a good tour guide, you'll be able to receive only a first impression of the visited cities and spend a lot of time on the bus, that's it. Don't be fooled by the low price! This is very exhausting and not truly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

- Super Rude Bus driver
- Bus broke down - adding 3-4 hours to the ordeal
- NOT FLEXIBLE
- Terrible condition of Bus
- Guide was useless and not helpful at all