“So Awesome”
Review of Bagatelle

Bagatelle
Reserve with OpenTable
Bagatelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,386 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Hailing from France, Brand Essence owners Aymeric Clemente and Remi Laba teamed up in February 2008 to create a restaurant that is wholly French Mediterranean in atmosphere and cuisine. The ambiance is reminiscent of a bustling Parisian bistro, with classic decor and architecture paired with chic and bold artwork., Lively music, and a relaxed yet sexy vibe, making you feel as if you've escaped to Europe if only for a day.
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

When it comes to how awesome this place is, I don't even know where to begin. The ambiance at Bagatelle is electric. If you're looking to have a great time with beautiful people this should definitely be in your list of options. The restaurant turns into a party where champagne and ice cream Sundays keep rolling in with sparklers on top. The food? Jesus Christ the food. The steak (Medium Well) and the Tuna Tar Tar are amazing. Last but certainly not least, the service was exceptional. The waiters and the chef come out and meet you upon request. Bagatelle makes you feel like you're always welcome there, can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Carl J

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We unfortunately chose a night when there was a special event. I don't think it was a fair assessment of the restaurant. Staff was run ragged and it was ver loud. I will go back for another look.

2  Thank Jake L
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I visited Bagatelle on a Sunday lunchtime. Other reviewers have described it as a bit of a scene on Sundays. I agree, but managed to avoid the scene (and the large, drunken, party) by sitting outside.

I was slightly surprised to find surly security on the door. The hostess was extremely accommodating. Unfortunately the food was dire, when it came: it took a very long time for the waiter even to show up (despite a large group standing inside, doing nothing, amused by the drunks). The drink I ordered with it turned up on the third request. And I was overcharged.

Hopefully I just had a bad experience, because I see many of the reviews are otherwise positive. They did not, however, reflect my own experience.

2  Thank Andrew030
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We discovered that the restaurant atmosphere varies from night to night. The quiet nights usually a Monday are best if you want great service. Service suffers on the night of a party. Otherwise, the atmosphere is incredible.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We discovered this restaurant by accident on Father's Day in New York. We were fortunate to find an available table outside. The receptionist and the servers were all very friendly and helpful. Most importantly the food was OUTSTANDING. My husband had short ribs which he enjoyed very much and I ordered the lobster mac and cheese on our waiter's recommendation and was so glad I took his advice. It was amazing! Can"t wait to go back.