“Accept no substitutes!”

Just Salad
Ranked #1,879 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Accept no substitutes!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just Salad looks like a lot of other places in the neighborhood, but it is several steps above in quality. Their salads are freshly made, interesting and delicious, and the service is efficient and friendly. Try a kale salad. Even if you don't think you like kale, this place may change your mind!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michael S

Chula
“Will make you appreciate salad”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were just looking for somewhere to pick up something quick for lunch when we happened upon Just Salad in Rock Center. This turned out to be one of the better meals we had in New York, and healthy to boot! With the number of ingredient choices and the freshness of the ingredients used it is understandable that it would take a large volume of diners to support a restaurant like this, probably why there aren't locations in many areas already. According to their website they only have stores in NY and Hong Kong, but franchises are available so maybe someday... The prices seem to be in line with other NY lunch options and it was good to have a healthier option available. The only drawback at this location was a scarcity of seating, only a few seats in the restaurant and the common seating at Rock Center fills quickly so expect to grab and run. :)

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Just Salad is great for health and taste buds!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service here was great. I was immediately accosted by a manager as I waited to choose my order. I asked about the ingredients in the foods as I was wondering about which were gluten free, vegetarian, and non-dairy. I was promptly told by the manager to wait while the information was quickly verified and checked for accuracy. I liked the fact that it was checked into not just answered carelessly.
The foods were sumptuous looking, I chose a low calorie salad as I am a weight watcher. I picked lots of fresh greens, low cal additions like egg whites, asparagus vinegar dressing. Of course you can go a bit more high calorie with meat toppings, cheese toppings etc. They ask you if you want the salad chopped which I did. It made a really enjoyable bite sized huge salad with virtually no calories and a moderate priced meal. There are lots of soups to choose from and tasty low calorie salads and wraps. There's something here delicious for all diet requirements and great for weight watchers. This is my favorite salad bar by far.
The place was clean and cheerful looking. I went at a time that was not high in customer traffic so that I could enjoy the bright and appropriately lit atmosphere. Employees were sweeping floors as I ate so I thought they stayed on top of cleanliness. The salad, soup, and wraps were nicely arranged without a mess or disorganization appearing clean. Employees were wearing gloves (at least when I was there).
I liked the clean looking low calorie options, as I'm a weight watcher, as well as the individual salad items not being jumbled up and accidentally mixed in together. I wasn't crazy about paying the bill, but it definitely is better than other high priced places and better than lower priced salmonella laden items that sit there looking bacteria filled all day long. Another thing I could do without was a bit of disarray in the bathroom, but it was the end of the day and it could be the customer's fault too.

Visited October 2013
woodbury, mn
“Great quick service, fresh meal!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a great place for a fresh, custom salad. I was travelling with a few others and we all went to different venues to try some food, and met back at some nearby tables to compare. Mine was the winner! Huge salad assembled in front of you, then chopped to your liking, and then salad dressing mixed in while you watch. Wish they had more of these franchises across the country.

• Visited September 2013
Orem, UT
“AWESOME salad and choices”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ok, this is not the cheapest place to get a salad. But the salad is amazing. You can put SO many different toppings on there and some awesome meat. I had steak and a lot of veggies. Also the yogurt dressing is great. I will definitely have that again.

Visited August 2013