“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Sat in the 10th row and enjoyed the musical. Very talented group, singing, dancing, acrobats, and great line delivery. Great message about living life. An upbeat, fun, night.

1  Thank BeachBaby187

Reviewed August 23, 2014

The musical was given a cirque d soleil twist. Don't miss this very entertaining musical. The acrobats/artists were great. Pippin has a very good message for everyone: Start Livin'

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. You could hear a pin drop at the end of the show. Older adults will get it....Younger adults might not..

1  Thank Abbybowwowmom
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Didn't know what to expect from this revival,and what we got was a mixed bag. The first act was one of the most enjoyable acts of any show that I have ever seen.at intermission, we were all singing the praises of this cirque -du-soleli esque production. Great music, humorous script, entertaining acrobatics. We couldn't wait for act 2, as most shows only get better as the show moves on. I wish I could say more about act 2, but honestly, after 15 minutes, I fell in and out of sleep the rest of the way.The script did a 180 degree reversal, as if someone took the air out of all the acrobatic balloons on stage.Slow would be an understatement. I asked my friend what he thought of the act ,and he told me he couldn't really answer me......because he was sleeping through most of it!It is quite a shame because all 4 of us were ready to proclaim Pippin as one of our all time favorites,and it just fell on it's face. Don't go after a long day of work

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This revival really lives up to the term revival. They resurrected a 40 year old show and injected it with new life. The performers are amazing. Nearly everyone in the show performs some sort of circus trick. Even Priscilla Lopez, who plays Pippin's grandmother, shows how strong and flexible a 60+ year old woman can be. Her voice is still strong. There is audience participation during her number as well. The lead actors are all excellent and the chorus is just as good. I've been wanting to see this revival since it came on Broadway last year. I'm so glad I finally got there.

A heads up though: they have ushers walking through before the show with boxes of candy and drinks. A bag of M&Ms was $5 for just under a 1/4 lb. of candy. Bring lots of cash if your snack inclined.