“Cirque du Soleil Meets Broadway”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This revival really lives up to the term revival. They resurrected a 40 year old show and injected it with new life. The performers are amazing. Nearly everyone in the show performs some sort of circus trick. Even Priscilla Lopez, who plays Pippin's grandmother, shows how strong and flexible a 60+ year old woman can be. Her voice is still strong. There is audience participation during her number as well. The lead actors are all excellent and the chorus is just as good. I've been wanting to see this revival since it came on Broadway last year. I'm so glad I finally got there.

A heads up though: they have ushers walking through before the show with boxes of candy and drinks. A bag of M&Ms was $5 for just under a 1/4 lb. of candy. Bring lots of cash if your snack inclined.

There are newer reviews for Pippin The Musical

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Took my wife and two teen age daughters to see this show and we all had a great time.
The venue is on the smaller side making for good seating all around. The performers were fantastic and kept you entertained and wondering what they were going to do next the whole time. Don't hesitate to buy tickets for this show, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This small broadway show had everything I love about Broadway. Songs, sexy costumes and dancing a love story, humour and this one also had acrobatics and magic. I loved how Pippin's step mother played her role as the sexy evil queen. I loved Pippin's grandmother, especially how she had the audience join her in song. Pippin's lover makes too much of a mockery of her role. I haves seen that character played much more skillfully at a high school production. I felt the mockery left me feeling confused and really detracted from the message of play. The theatre is a bit small and shabby but every seat is a good one.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This show was more than a musical! Many of the actors had experience with either the Montreal Cirus or the Cirque De Solei and it really showed. The story line was OK but the energy and performance was so much fun. Be careful bringing children as some parts are suggestive. The theater was small so there are no bad seats and you are able to see everything.

1  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We decided to catch a play at the last minute and purchased the tickets at TKTS booth. I wasn't familiar with Pippin, but figured we would give it a shot. This was my daughter's first Broadway play. The theater seemed a little small, but there were no bad seats. We almost felt like part of the show. It was lively and energetic with a heartfelt story.

1  Thank lbbydesign