“Circus Atmoshere” 4 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Circus Atmoshere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very fast moving circus style acts. Musical is great, but I would not take young childrenh because of many adult type scenes.

Richmond, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Grabbed us on many levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

MY wife and I bought reduced tickets at TKTS having no idea what to expect - we're not theater-types, but have seen a few over the years - and were blown away. Amazing circus acts - once I saw Circe De Soleil actors were in it - it made sense. Great humor, with sarcasm, and a story line that was not very deep, but moving at the end. Some of the ADHD types (including myself) may snooze a little in the second act, but overall excellent. Was not what I expected and was very glad we stumbled upon it!!

1 Thank VAtravelr
St. John's, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing show- loved the singing acting and dancing- blew me away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Had no idea what to expect with this show. Husband and I really enjoyed the show- plot was interesting - liked the injection of humour. Great dancing and aerial stunts. Met Pippins understudy the previous day at The Spotted Pig- he was charming and very talented.

1 Thank nlwalshfamily
New York City, New York
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 214 helpful votes
“Excellent spectacle that peters out by Act 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went because an aerialist friend was performing, and Act 1 is chock full of eye-popping circus spectacle -- instead of the Bob Fosse dance choreography from the original. But Act 2 loses all that energy, gets bogged down in soppy songs and a who-cares plot.

Visited August 2013
new york
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A sight to see, but what's with the second act?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staging is beautiful and engaging. I loved the circus setting and the performers were top notch. In particular, Andrea Martin stood out, for me. I had never seen Pippin, so I am not sure if there were changes, but the second act seemed disconnected to me. I am sure there was some deeper meaning that I missed, but it kind of halted the overall enjoyment from the first act. I would go again (but I might think of leaving at intermission).

Visited August 2013