“Grabbed us on many levels”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
Reviewed November 20, 2013

MY wife and I bought reduced tickets at TKTS having no idea what to expect - we're not theater-types, but have seen a few over the years - and were blown away. Amazing circus acts - once I saw Circe De Soleil actors were in it - it made sense. Great humor, with sarcasm, and a story line that was not very deep, but moving at the end. Some of the ADHD types (including myself) may snooze a little in the second act, but overall excellent. Was not what I expected and was very glad we stumbled upon it!!

1  Thank VAtravelr
There are newer reviews for Pippin The Musical

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Had no idea what to expect with this show. Husband and I really enjoyed the show- plot was interesting - liked the injection of humour. Great dancing and aerial stunts. Met Pippins understudy the previous day at The Spotted Pig- he was charming and very talented.

1  Thank nlwalshfamily
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went because an aerialist friend was performing, and Act 1 is chock full of eye-popping circus spectacle -- instead of the Bob Fosse dance choreography from the original. But Act 2 loses all that energy, gets bogged down in soppy songs and a who-cares plot.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staging is beautiful and engaging. I loved the circus setting and the performers were top notch. In particular, Andrea Martin stood out, for me. I had never seen Pippin, so I am not sure if there were changes, but the second act seemed disconnected to me. I am sure there was some deeper meaning that I missed, but it kind of halted the overall enjoyment from the first act. I would go again (but I might think of leaving at intermission).

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when we decided to go to Pippin. I was familiar with the story but was not prepared for the unusual sets and style of the show. It was great and well acted. The acrobatics are amazing. Very funny at times. There are some suggestive situations and a few bad words. This play would not be for young children but is fine for older kids. We took our 16 year old niece and she loved it. I would suggest sitting in the front of the Mezzanine- best seats in the house.