“Lot of style and not much substance”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A pleasant enough show. To make up for the unmemorable score and flimsy bok the producers have given it a circus twist and much of the show is like watching Cirque du Soleil. Fantastic acrobatics and contortions but a weak second half made the evening fizzle out. Not a great choice of show.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the music but my 14 year old daughter loved it more. She is a theatre nut and her theatre group will perform some of the numbers in her class. I liked that I never knew what was comming next.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good performances. Excellent music. More circus performance than I expected but worth seeing. Andrea Martin won the tony and it's well deserved for her role as the grandmother. Fun for the whole family.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

One of the best theatre experiences - ever. A new production that just adds to an already great story - - - not to be missed.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I show Pippin when it originally ran on Broadway, and I was really looking forward to seeing this new version. The new version, with it's circus theme is great. The cast, costumes, music are all wonderful. The circus components are (for me) better than cirque du soleil. I just bought tickets to go again, this time taking my family who didn't see it yet.