Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Easily Best Show on Broadway

Reviewed May 21, 2015
lekud
Cape Town Central, South Africa

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2015

Pippin the revival is a high energy show and offers little bit of everything, singing, dancing, circus acts, acrobatics, magic tricks. It is visually very stimulating and is a bit like watching two shows in one, a Cirque de Soleil and a musical. There is a a storyline that may be missed by some amongst all this visual stimulation. Pippin is the story of a young prince in search of deeper meaning, something more fulfilling in his life. I feel that people who walk blindly into the show not knowing what to expect may not enjoy the show as much as people who have familiarized themselves with the musical.
The show is not intended for young children.

Reviewed May 21, 2015

By far the best production we saw on Broadway. Excellent storyline - better still if you know the story in advance - dark and satirical. Cast were good to excellent - and far better singers than the very mediocre Wicked. Ignore the hysterical religious freaks who give it poor ratings - this show is not for the ignorant 90% of Americans who are brainwashed to believe in rubbish - it is for anyone who liked and understood the Rocky Horror Show and likes fun being poked at the left-wing/right-wing thought-police. Stage spectacle was also up with the best. Sexy and gay-tolerant story is not for fascist parents with young inexperienced teens - but our 12 year old non-American son thought it was a hoot.

1  Thank lekud
Reviewed May 14, 2015

My apologies the to the performers who, to earn a living, were caused to present two and a half hours of stale, crude treatment of lame moral themes about appreciation of the quiet pleasures in life. It was interspersed with enough cheerleading stunts, homo-erotic posing and snarky attacks on traditional values to earn awards, however. No wonder it gets so many excellent reviews; liberal PC guilt banishes objectivity to the outer reaches of space.

8  Thank Michael W
Reviewed May 10, 2015

This musical came to Atlanta. I was very excited to see it. Unfortunately, I didn't read the reviews prior to taking my 11-year old son. Big mistake! I personally don't think this is a child friendly musical. Because we had our 11-year old, we left at intermission. It was an interesting musical. Not quite what I was expecting. I wouldn't say it was bad but definitely not the best musical I have ever seen. It really was like they combined Spamalot, Book of Mormon and Chicago into one musical. Two of those 3 I really liked. Again, I would have stayed through the whole performance had my son not been there. The actors were quite skilled. The leading player had an amazing voice similar to Elphaba in Wicked (and she was the understudy).

4  Thank GeorgiaRed73
Reviewed April 12, 2015

My 11-year-old and I loved this show. The circus performances were fantastic and the song "Magic To Do" gives me goose bumps.

2  Thank JustMeinNS
Reviewed April 8, 2015

We are real theater buffs and especially love Musicals. But Pippin definitely disappointed us. Don't know how it won Best Musical Revival for 2013.

2  Thank rschagrin
Reviewed February 18, 2015

Very good show. Artists are incredicle.
Music, dance, costums are fantastic.
Funny and colorful. We had a very good time

Reviewed January 26, 2015

Stood in line at 7AM to get same day cheap tickets, this is the way to get Broadway show tickets for sure. Paid next to nothing and got box seating for 4. Show was amazing, very surprised considering I wasn't sure the story line was.

1  Thank palama8505
Reviewed January 13, 2015

My friend took us to see Pippin as our wedding gift. We thoroughly enjoyed the performance. The cast was very talented indeed. It is a shame it was closing that weekend.

Reviewed January 10, 2015

Watching Pippin The Musical reminded me of the awesome sensory overload of Cirque du soleil shows. There was so much going on on stage, and all good! The entire cast shone throughout the "magical" performance. I feel so privileged to have experienced a musical of such high caliber.