“Excellent Show”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am not exactly sure what the take away was regarding the plot to this show BUT the show itself was marvelous. Fantastic songs/score, actors, ballet dancers, acrobats and circus performers. This show had it all. Exceeded my expectations and was thoroughly entertaining.

1  Thank joelob22
There are newer reviews for Pippin The Musical

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Best Broadway show I've seen in years! Wanted to stay an extra day to see it again! Patina Miller is the new Ben Vereen and Andrea Martin was spectacular as Berthe. Don't miss this if you're in NYC.

1  Thank DEHPIT
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had to see this show as I saw the original Broadway cast 40 years ago. This production is excellent - the cast is superb, and hope they win lots of Tonys!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

You MUST see this show. With tears in my eyes and a constant smile on my face I watched this beautifully colored broadway show. The actors are sublime and the music is tremendous. There is acrobatics and comedy. This show has it all! I will not hesitate to see this show again!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I saw "Pippin" many years ago at the Paper Mill Playhouse. This version was terrific. From beginning to end the acrobatic antics kept us breathless. The singing is expert although the music is not Rogers & Hammerstein memorable. The dancers high kick their way through 2 full acts. There is even a story, while not historically correct has a current political overtone that elicited laughs. Pippin's grandmother received a standing ovation at the end of her act. This play was great fun. Take your teens and your grannies. For grade schoolers, there is some implicit sex but it might be OK. This is a must see.