“More than a revival - a reimagining”
Review of Pippin The Musical - CLOSED

Pippin The Musical
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“More than a revival - a reimagining”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I saw the original version with Ben Vereen in my early teens and Pippin became one of my favorite Broadway musicals, so I looked forward to this long awaited revival with anticipation and a little fear of being let down and it not living up to my memories of a great show. No worries! This show exceeded my expectations, and had a breath of originality. Imagine the Fosse choreography combined with the style of a Cirque D'Soleil performance and you'll have an idea of what to expect. The cast were all excellent, and the new female leading player was a good move to distance the role from Vereen. Andrea Martin was incredible and funny as was the experienced Terrance Mann in the role of Pippin's father the king. Book soon, the show finishes previews this week, early reviews have been favorable and this will become a word of mouth show quickly.

1 Thank Steven R

Connecticut
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Tremendous!!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I remembered the old Pippin from many years back. While I didn't see it on Broadway (was very young) over the years I knew of all the music and really had an affinity for it. When I heard it was returning to Broadway I jumped on the tickets without a second thought. I am so glad I did. The entire production, music, dancing, acrobatics, gymnastics, etc, etc.. is awesome. It it was a broadway show should be, over the top in many respects and extremely enjoyable. My wife and I had grins from the opening song. The first act is much better and moves more smoothly than the shorter second act, but that could not hamper our overall love for the show. I can't imagine once it officially opens it will not be a major player on Broadway from some time.

1 Thank Thomas K
outside nyc
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Over the top Broadway”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Incredible stage show with acrobatics, however this production(still in previews) needs to work on the story continuity.
My wife and daughter, who see every show, loved it.

Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great music, story and more!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm not a huge musical fan, but I really enjoyed Pippin. The story line is entertaining, often laugh-out-loud funny, yet a bit darker than one might expect from a musical, the songs were good, and the circus performers are amazing. This show is so full of talent, from the singers to the contortionists, aerial acts and basically everyone in the show.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Best musical EVER”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I know the show is still in previews for a few more days. Wow - just amazing. The cast is incredible, the acrobatics out of this world; the singing and dancing just so great that words cannot describe. Matthew James Thomas as Pippin and Pattina Miller who is the leading player are fantastic. The entire cast is incredible. Just wait until you see the tricks, the magic, it is mindblowing. I cannot wait to see again. It's probably the best show on Broadway!