“Huge sandwiches, decent chai, good service”

Zucker's Bagels Grand Central
Ranked #683 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went to Zucker's twice during a recent trip to NYC.

First, during high-traffic lunch hour on a Thursday. Long line, but staff was still patient with me as newbie reading the board and trying to figure out what I wanted. Finally ordered tuna on pumpernickel bagel with provolone cheese and lettuce. Also ordered a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, and a small chai latte.Total was around $14.

Second visit was Saturday around 12noon. Order/pick-up/pay set-up was different, but again staff was patient as we figured that out. Very un-crowded on Saturday afternoon. I ordered smoked turkey sandwich with muenster and lettuce. Meat was piled on -- wish I could say the same for cheese (2 slices) and lettuce (1 leaf). Also ordered dry, untoasted cinnamon raisin bagel -- huge.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice food and beautiful interior. Nothing NOT to like about this place, we enjoyed for lunch, also with kids. I would come back

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast (coffee, bagels, lox, and cream cheese - what else?) at Zucker's on two mornings during a recent visit to the city. We thoroughly enjoyed both meals. The staff was efficient and friendly and the restaurant clean. There's free WIFI too. We'll go back the next time we're in New York.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you love fresh handmade bagels and piles of pastrami or brisket you have got to eat here. Come hungry, you'll need to be as the fillings are epic. Also managed a fairly decent cup of tea too!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Really liked this place. Ambiance is unique & classic. Bagels are delicious. The "breakfast special" ($2.75, I believe, for a bagel & cream cheese, and coffee) is a bargain. All around great spot for breakfast.