“Memories of my Teenage Years!!!”
Review of Motown The Musical on Broadway - MOVED

Motown The Musical on Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went to see Mowtown the Musical whilst in NYC and I was not at all disappointed.
The cast was superb with all the songs of my teenage years!
On the day we saw the show it was my daughters 30th birthday which made the night at the theatre even more memorable.
The cast, production, and audience participation was absolutely fabulous, I ever stopped singing from the start of the performance to the end and I was not alone in this either.

If you love Tamla Motown then this is the show to see to bring a smile to your face and resurrect happy memories!

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed the show. The acting and singing was great. If you really like the Motown era, this is the place to be. The staging very colorful and innovated. Yes, I definitely recommend the show. Boogie, boogie!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you love Motown this show is an absolute must see! It jumps from one classic to another and has you dancing in the aisles. It is full of energy and leaves you begging for more. Best show in NYC

Reviewed April 16, 2014

In fact, I'd go as far as to say I despise musicals. They're far too twee for my tastes and generally make me want to vomit.

This one however has forced me to have a rethink - it was completely, utterly, foot stompingly brilliant. The cast were superb, the music was superb and the (short) bits of plot story between the music were extremely well done and humorous - you go the basics of the Motown story without being overloaded with detail.

Did I mention that the music was brilliant? A lot of the cast sounded as good as the genuine article, and Raymond Luke Junior, who played the young Michael Jackson, gave an absolutely brilliant performance - and will surely be a huge star in years to come.

I am so, so glad that we spotted this was on for our trip to New York, as everything about it was fantastic and even the most hardened musical cynic will enjoy it if they enjoy listening to good music.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wow. From beginning to end, this show was fabulous. Every performer was amazingly talented
Made our trip to NYC very memorable.