“Excellent!”
Review of Motown The Musical on Broadway - MOVED

Motown The Musical on Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I took my mom to see this, she is in her 70's and I am in my 40's. We both LOVED it. The acting and singing was fantastic, everyone was signing and clapping along.

Really enjoyed it!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

When we knew we would be travelling to New York this was the one and only Broadway Show I wanted to see. It had me tapping my feet, clapping, singing, laughing and even at times crying. It just brought back so many fantastic memories of listening and loving the Mowtown music from my youth. The performers were just brilliant, you only had to close your eyes and believe you were listening to the original artists and it gave me goosebumps! With so many Broadway shows to choose from I have no doubt that this was the perfect choice with almost 3 hours of non stop, fabulous entertainment.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the opening curtain until the final bows, there was a BIG SMILE on my face! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the show!!! A truly AMAZING production!!! The casting was superb with musical talent extraordinaire. Plus, the physical transformation of the characters from their youth to established stars was so convincing. Having grown up during the period when Motown was created, all of that "real" music brought back so many wonderful memories of my high school years and adulthood. While enjoying the music, I also learned so much about what prompted the creation of Motown and about its history, especially about the profound relationships that were part of the Motown legacy (for example, Berry and Smokey; Berry and Holland, Dozier & Holland; and, of course, Berry and Diana). It is a must see AGAIN!!! Still smiling :-)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A tribute to Barry Gordie and the music of Motown. How it developed, the acts that it produced and the trials and tribulations it went through to grow and survive. Great music, great actors, and overall a great evening at the Theatre. While Jersey Boys was better this is definitely a treat, if you like Motown music.