“Rude house staff, great show”
Review of Motown The Musical on Broadway - MOVED

Motown The Musical on Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After a great night out with my mother and grandmother (we loved the show!) I accidentally left my phone in my seat. I went back about 8 min after the show was over, watched the house manager place my phone on the counter of the box office to come open the door for me. She asked what I wanted and then stated that she had a phone and had just placed it to the side, but I wasn't allowed to pick it up until the morning- like I was some child in school!!! Even after explaining to her that as a physician I absolutely needed my phone for emergency calls- she shrugged her shoulders and said, "that's the best I can do." The phone was right behind her!!! I have never spent a fair amount of money to get treated so poorly! Really an astonishing turn of events after a wonderful play! Disappointed. Can't wait for it to come to Texas, when I know patrons will be treated with the respect they deserve!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really enjoyed this show. I practically grew up listening to Motown music, so I was very interested in seeing this play. My one regret is that more of the stories behind the singers weren't told. The musicians, singers and actors were all wonderful, especially the part of Berry Gordy. It is the play that feels like a concert from the past.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just a great musical about the most famous record label in history, the man who founded it, and the songs we know and love against the historical background of the times.

1  Thank BeeBeeGirl62
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a really great show, with very talented singers & dancers. The young Michael Jackson was amazing! The only thing that keeps me from giving this "attraction" a 5 was the cost of tickets. Friends bought all of our tickets in advance so I don't know if they researched getting them cheaper or not. But as far as the show itself, I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Andrea M