“Awesome Hotel”

Best Western Premier Herald Square
Ranked #89 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First time to New York and couldn't have asked for a nicer hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. Location is excellent and breakfast was a nice perk. Will definitely stay here again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Herald Square

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel togheter with friends in may 2014. We booked a room witd two double beds, slightly on the small side for 4 adults but in New york all hotel rooms are small. The hotel has a great location in midtown, only two blocks away from Macys. Room is clean, nicely decorated and with a good sized bathroom. Coffe/tea maker and a safe. A complimentary breakfast is served in the basement every morning, its crowded and served with plastic cutlery,plates and cups. Breakfast buffet is bagels,fruit,eggs,sausage, cornflakes and yoghurt, good enought to get the day started!
Staff in the reception is very friendly and even helped me to prepare a bottle of wine to the room on arrival for my cousins birthday.
Of all hotel I have tried in the cirty, this is by far the one with best value/location/staff!
I'll see you again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank IdaSweden
Reviewed June 13, 2014

A few weeks ago my daughter and I stayed here while in town for a friend's bat mitzvah. I got the reservation on Priceline without knowing in advance which hotel it would be. We got lucky with this Best Western. The room was spotless and very quiet (which was the tradeoff for having no view in a room that looked out to the adjacent building rather than the street.) Yes, the room is small and like most NY hotels, had not bathtub, but that's fine for me. I'll take clean, new and small over larger and costly or aging any day. The one negative is the overly-crowded breakfast area in the basement. It was good to have bagels and cream cheese, Chobani yogurts, and eggs as well as other standard breakfast fare. I want to give a special shout out to the great staff at the front desk who gave us good recommendations and kept our luggage for the day after we checked out until we caught our evening flight. Those great folks were Sade, Zuelika and Jitender (I hope I spelled their names right!) Each year when I'm in NYC I stay in a different hotel for variety, but I'd really consider staying here again. My daughter loved being near all the great bead shops - we spent an afternoon getting her beads (she loves making bracelets for her friends.) Being around the corner from Korea town means lots of yummy, affordable eats as well. I've stayed in lots of lousy Best Westerns on the west coast, so this made me realize they're not all bad!

Room Tip: Our room facing the neighboring building, not the street, was very quiet if you don't mind no vi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've stayed in other hotels in NYC before, but I won't stay anywhere else now. The BWP Herald Square is an excellent hotel, centrally located, with wonderful customer service, and updated, clean rooms. Look no further. You can walk to the subway, the Empire State Building, NYC shopping, great restaurants (Keen's Steakhouse is right next door), and park your car for a reduced price right down the block. Fantastic.

1  Thank JOSHUA J
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Extremely pleased with the entire experience. The hotel staff, breakfast buffet and room size were far better than we expected. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful in guiding us around the city as well as suggesting places to visit. We will recommend this property to all of our friends and family.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hotel was very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Very near Bryant Park, Empire State Building and Times Square, MSG/Penn Station. Having the breakfast included was a time saver. Though not a fabulous breakfast, it was quite satisfactory.. unless you're a breakfast snob. I love a great breakfast but definitely not a snob about it. Elevators make a 'clink-clank' noise as they pass floors. This noise goes on through the night when you're trying to sleep.. it was mildly annoying. Other than that.. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. And, let's be honest, you don't go to NYC because of the hotel you will stay at.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Excellent location, very close to Times Square/Herald Square. Close to a subway and felt like we were in a safe neighborhood. Free internet and breakfast a big plus. Rooms were very clean and staff was super friendly, will definately go back. Good value for your money and while the rooms were small they optimized the space and was decorated very nicely. Location and staff was why this hotel stood out and is why we will be back to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple