Best Western Premier Herald Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$127
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$134
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

2,070 results
All reviewsgreat locationempire state buildingnew yorkpenn stationrooms are smallbreakfast roomfree breakfastaround the cornerbagelswould definitely stay here againeach morningfront desk stafftea and coffeemidtown manhattanclean hotelbryant parktwo double beds
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here on business last week and was just plain impressed. I loved the staff, the location, and the hotel itself. The room was spotless and perfectly sized for a single traveling to the city. Their Wi-Fi was strong enough for me to work seamlessly throughout the hotel. And when work was over, I could visit my favorite store, Macy's but more importantly, I was able to find dining opportunities all around.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LoverOfSeattle
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I visited New York City earlier this month (June 2013). It was our first time visiting and we were concerned...very concerned...about where to stay and whether we would be wasting our precious vacation time by staying at a hotel that was far from everything. So we decided to try the Best Western Premier HERALD SQUARE. It was by far the most ideal location we could have stayed at...and I am confirming it in retrospect through this review.

As you may know, NYC is an old city with very expensive real estate...including hotel stays that are costly on a nightly basis. It is not uncommon to pay a minimum of $250/night...and that at an average hotel. What sets this hotel apart from other hotels including other BW's in NYC is that the the BW Herald Square is a BRAND NEW HOTEL...just opened its doors in mid-May 2013!! This means that all the rooms and furniture and bedding is new...and it was!!! It was fabulous!!! NYC being an old city with old real estate you will be staying in worn out and tired rooms unless you fork over $800+ a night. As an experiment I checked out the rates at a hotel only 2 minutes walking distance from this hotel: they were charging $450++ per night!!!! And it was a similar class/standard but was NOT a brand new hotel.

As for location, we took the M60 bus from Laguardia airport (bought a 7 day pass for $30 at the airport) to Astoria stop, then hopped on the N train which took us to Herald Square station. The Best Western Herald Square was a 2 minute walk!!! We were so happy! It gets even better. The Herald Square station also has several other trains that pass through it giving you great access to so many different parts of NYC...with Times Square only ONE STOP away!!! You just cannot beat that!!! Have fun in NYC when you stay at this hotel.

And lastly...the hotel staff is superb!! Kudos and many thanks to Mustafah, the hotel manager who made us feel so welcome and ensured we enjoyed our stay. And finally I would say that if you are a fan of the BW chain...THIS is the one to stay at when you visit NYC.

9  Thank Rad D
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in NYC for business in June. The BWP was an ideal location as I did not want to rent a car. With meetings in Times Square, SOHO, Midtown West, the hotel's location allowed for easy access to all whether by foot or cab.

The hotel was new and so everything was in great condition. I was impressed with the free internet (which worked wonderfully) and that the TV remote was bagged and noted as a clean remote. If you read about the dirtest spots in your hotel room, this was nice. The room was quiet.

On the downside, it was a bit small, but then again it did have two beds. Also I could not get the room's temp below 67. I prefer it to be colder when I sleep. The other thing that struck me odd, was that breakfast was offered to 10:00, but the first day I was there it was shut down at 9:30. Breakfast is awesome - scrambled eggs, sausage (link and patty) bacon, potatoes, cereals, bagels, yogurts, etc.

The hotel is a bargin for what you get. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank dad-n-son
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the week after it opened, for an introductory price (half of the going rate in Manhattan for similar hotels); at the time there were no reviews to be found anywhere online. Although we expected some minor kinks that would need to be worked out, we were positively surprised: other than some minor issues with the wifi we had no problems at all.

The room was very small but practical, and the windows did a great job keeping the noise outside. (It probably also helped that we got a room close to the top floor.) All the basics are covered: usual BW breakfast and wifi in the room are included, coffee machine in the room.

Since the hotel is brand new, everything is neat, clean, and bug-free. The staff was friendly and helpful, too. The location can hardly be beat. Unless they become as expensive as fancier places, this will remain to be a great place to stay in Manhattan for a while.

3  Thank Frank_O_advisor
Sayed A, General Manager at Best Western Premier Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our brand new hotel with travelers. We are delighted to know you appreciate our free hot breakfast and complimentary WIFI. We appreciate positive comments about our hotel staff. Looking forward to having you with us soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location, location location...

Booked online last minute as we wanted to go to NYC for a night. I wasn't expecting to find such a great location at this low price. (I expect the price to rise as the hotel will get more popular for sure)

The Staff was super friendly and helpful, too bad i can't remember their names, everything was clean and fresh. I even wondered if the towels in the room were on their first use.

Room is a bit under the standard room size, however it didn't feel too small with the nice big windows.

The only thing, which i'm pretty sure it is fixed by now, i would have love to have chairs and tables on the small terrace in front of the hotel.

Will go again if the price stays right.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east or south have direct view of empire state building
1  Thank Pier-Luc B