“Love and dreams aboard the Genesis”

Narwhal Yacht Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a FOUR hour sail along New York City's skyline aboard a classic sailboat! Narwhal Yacht Charters offers personal four hour charters (average charter size is less than 6 people) for only $140 per person. Picnic sandwiches, fruit, snacks, water, sodas, and ice are included. Convenient departure and drop off from Chelsea Piers (Pier 59) in Manhattan.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A carefree afternoon aboard a vintage sailboat with great company..... My husband and I needed a quick getaway and truly felt like we were a world away even though we were on the Hudson and East Rivers. Eric, the boat owner is the most down to earth person we have ever met. His girlfriend Sarah steered the boat, served food, and took care of me when I got sea sick ... all while making it look effortless. We truly felt like we were with long time friends. Also, what made the sail even more special was the passion and enthusiasm Eric has for sailing. He makes you want to realize your own dreams. The love story behind the Genesis made me appreciate the time with my husband even more. We will definitely be sailing on the Genesis again. Whether you are hanging out with friends or trying to be romantic, sailing on the Genesis is definitely a memory worth creating!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend Doug loves the water. The only problem is, we live in the Midwest right now. I wanted to do something special for him on our vacation together, something on the water to surprise him with. All I could find though were huge, humdrum GIGANTIC cruises that, like much of New York City, are loud and crowded, rushed and take way too much money from you. Eric's Narwhal Yacht Charters is the complete opposite of those cruises.

I stumbled across him only a week before our trip, but Eric sent me his availability right away. We were able to work out a time, and Doug absolutely GEEKED OUT <proud face>! 4 hours of relaxation in a city that is the definition of fast-paced and hectic. The Genesis, Eric's boat, has as much character as the captain himself. You'll have full access of the boat, so wherever you dare to venture is open to you. If you're looking to take pictures of the sites, Eric'll line up the best shots. No need to ask. He knows what you want! But if you love the water, appreciate an authentic sailing experience, a beautiful sailboat, and want to have a conversation with a down to earth, chilled out, fascinating captain who will answer any question you might have (and whose life Doug and I will probably covet for the rest of our lives), all while getting a great view of the Hudson and all its attractions, this cruise is for you.

PLUS, it's seriously a bargain!

When we return to NYC, we will contact Eric again. I have no doubt, not matter when we sail on the Genesis in the future,it will be just as memorable. Our vacation was richer for the experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was one of the best days I have had! When looking for a unique way to surprise my dad for Father's Day, I came across Eric through a mutual friend and after reading about his sailing experience on his website, I fell in love with the idea of a sailing trip. Eric was beyond hospitable making sure my dad and I were comfortable throughout the entire experience. He offered food, beverage, and even asked us what our favorite music station was! One word says it all....INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to share this with my friends for future trips!

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I shopped around before settling on Narwhal and since doing so I've been sailing with Eric the Captain on two separate occasions. Each sail has been amazing and the friends I took both times had nothing short of a great experience. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I'll certainly be booking more sails with Narwhal. If you're trying to sail in the NYC harbor-- check them out!!

1  Thank Jay E
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went sailing with Captain Eric Pueio and Narwhal Yacht Charters last Tuesday from 11am-3 pm and had an amazing time. I was accompanied by 5 friends who were all graduating from Columbia Business School (it was a celebration!) Eric was a tremendous captain and host. He made us feel at home from the very beginning by offering us mixed berries at 11 am and asking us if we wanted to plug in our phones to play music on his amazing speakers. Then we asked us where we wanted to sail. We went south to the Statue of Liberty, and it was glorious to see her from the vantage point of a private sailboat with our music playing in the background. Eric also bought us yummy sandwiches for lunch as we sailed under the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges.

Narwhal Yacht Charters is great value for the money you're paying, especially since there is food involved. It really brings sailing down to the level of somebody who wants to have a fun afternoon and see great views of NYC. Captain Eric is just like another member of your group, telling funny stories and letting you have your own conversation or sunbathe when you want. I would recommend this to anyone interested in doing a boat ride around NYC.

1  Thank Regina L