“What a find!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Description: Pulperia is a Rustic Latin and Seafodd bistro located on New York City's famous Restaurant Row, 46th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. The restaurant boasts a flavorful, rustic menu by Chef Carlos Barroz who specializes in cuisines spanning from Mexico to Argentina. Be adventurous in the bar's extensive collection of Latin Spirits, and delight in our inventive mixology cocktail menu that plays a twist on traditional Latin drinks, like the Pisco Sour. Enjoy a seat at the fresh seafood Raw Bar, tapas at the main bar or a romantic dinner at a tucked-away table. The restaurant is located near the Theatre District and all the great sights of Midtown, proving an easy and perfect beginning or end to any NYC evening.
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved everything about this restaurant. Although we did not have reservations we were seated right away and had fabulous service. The food was excellent. The best guacamole I have ever had! We will be going here again!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Have lived in Hell's Kitchen for 3 years and never went to restaurant row. Now that I moved, La Pulperia was recommended by another foodie. Great drinks and to die for ceviche. Need a recommendation, ask Victor (owner). Extremely pleasant place with great food, which I hate to say, hidden on restaurant row.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have lived in NY on and off for 20 years and it has been a struggle to find good Latin food. I was fortunate to fall into another restaurant called Toloache a few years back, where I met the general manager Victor Medina. His hospitality along with his expertise made that one of my favorite places to eat. Victor has now partnered with an excellent chef to open Pulperia and all I can say is WOW! More Latin than just Mexican, this place serves amazing food as well as unique, delicious drinks in a small intimate setting. Ask for the house special drink and the short ribs.
Don't read any more - just go. You will be glad you did. Just don't tell too many people, I still want to be able to get a table.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a Monday night. The food is delicious and the service exceptional. The flavors are Latin American.

I had the chicken with arepas and he had the sangria brazed short ribs. The chicken had a lovely olive tapenade. The cheesy arepa soaked up juices and flavors from both. The salad greens were flavored with a spicy dressing. The "ribs" were really just one, big, boneless piece of rib meat, tender and juicy and served with a tasty chimichurri sauce.

Dim atmosphere but not too dim. Pleasant music played at a reasonable level.

This place is going to go far!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant that used to be at this location, Pomaire, was a cozy spot with great Chilean food. The change to Latin American sounded like a nice enhancement, but turned out to be a disappointment for us. We were there on a Sunday, and had only a brunch menu, not a lunch one, to work from. Though our food was fine, it wasn't all that special. The waiter neglected to bring our our appetizers, then quickly slapped them down with the main dishes. The place was noisy, more austere than it used to be, and not a place we'd choose to revisit, especially since it's located on Restaurant Row -- a street with so many great options.