“Fantastic Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

So we stopped in here (Essex Market lication) just a few min before they closed. They were out of the shrimp, so I said, "surprise me!"

I cannot possibly describe the way my tastebuds danced for joy. These tacos were the best little morsels my mouth has ever experienced in a taco place. We had the Cola Braised Pork and a Chilorio Brisket. Please go eat here.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

the best tacos we have ever eaten!

the restaurant is hard to find but the place is particularly original: a market fruit-veggie-meat.

all tacos are cooked on site and are discovering the very original mixes (beef / apple ....)

it is very small, but everything happens in the tacos: a true invitation to travel.

the team is very friendly and pleasant.

we will returned to NY just to eat them .... or almost.

looking for it and you will enjoy!

1  Thank Pierre F
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stumbling into Essex Market was a happy accident. Walking by Brooklyn Taco was fate. The search for the perfect veggie taco ended 3,000 miles from home. The Guaco taco is a mind-blowingly flavorful guacamole anchored experience. For roasted veggie lovers, the kale-potato taco was hearty and well-conceived. Don't be discouraged by the competition for only 3 tables or Lilliputian sized bar space. Order your tacos, find a corner and prepare for Nirvana. How about exporting an outpost to Portland, Or?

Reviewed March 6, 2014

BrooklynTaco rocks! The menu is seasonal, and the four tacos I tried - Chilorio Brisket, Guaco Taco, Kale and Potato, and Porchetta were wonderfully rustic, carrying the essential feels and flavors of Mexican streetfood with delicious, artisanal ingredients and seasonings. My favorite was the Porchetta, the pork belly melts in your mouth, leaving a sweet savory aftertaste complemented by pickled radishes. The Guaco Taco is an awesome snack - but felt more like an hors d'oevres than an entree - the guacamole is flavorful with hints of garlic, lime, and a hidden spice I couldn't quite place. The Chilorio Brisket was amazing. The brisket is perfectly cooked, tender yet textural and the barbeque flavors, complemented by chile spices is wonderfully evocative of Southern barbeque meets Mexican fiesta. I enjoyed the kale and potato - the layers of flavors, from meaty potato to heavier kale to kicking spices, topped by cilantro are finely crafted, but I wasn't quite sold on the cilantro end note. All in all, Brooklyn Taco is a gem on the Lower East Side food scene!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We lucked out when we found this little taco spot when we were visiting in New York in December of 2013. The 2 guys working were most personable, the food was incredible and they had a meatless Monday!!! Always good for those looking to cut back on meat a bit. Guacco Tacos were amazing! These are not your 50 cent tacos (yuk)......they are well worth the money. Quality, flavor, and fast service!!! There are only two little seats in the place, but these tacos are meant to travel! Thanks for a wonderful late lunch on an overcast day!!!