“Mexican brunch”

Patron Mexican Grill
Ranked #4,272 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Denver, Colorado
“Mexican brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Mexican brunch was an original idea and very tasty. I highly recommend the chilaquiles. The place was really busy with a huge bar crowd but the waitress managed to do a great job for us in spite of the crowd.

• Visited December 2012

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Really good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to Patron Mexican Grill on Thanksgiving night. We were from out of state and didn't feel the need to do the usual Thanksgiving meal. While walking around for a while we came upon Patron Grill. It was nearly empty (it was over course, Thanksgiving dinner time) though I was told it can be pretty busy. It reminded me of a place that I used to work so I was down for Mexican that night.

I'm really glad that we chose this place. Whenever I see queso fundido on a Mexican menu, I need to order it because I really miss the fundido that my old workplace used to serve. I have had some nasty and so-so fundido in the past, but theirs was DELICIOUS. The cheese was melty (not soupy) with just the perfect amount of burnt on top. I can't stress how good it was. And for my entree I decided to get chile relleno. While I like rellenos, I dislike it when it is so heavily battered and fried. Not the case here. It was so lightly fried I barely noticed it. May be the best relleno I've ever had.

I must also say that their mango margarita tastes fresh and strong. We shared a raspberry pitcher and while it was still good, it wasn't as so.

The service was great. They came over every once in a while and joked with us a bit. Don't know if it was because it was so empty in there but we liked the attention.

My only "issue" with this place is that is that it is on the pricier side of Mexican. A large guacamole (which didn't look that large to me) was twenty-something dollars. But for the food that I loved, I don't mind paying a higher price.

I highly recommend this place and wish I was eating there right now.

• Visited November 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“A little dark and shall I say "atmospheric."”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were seeking Mexican food and the concierge at the hotel suggested Patron's (he couldn't make reservations so I knew it wasn't for a kickback). There are 2 locations on 9th Avenue, we headed for the one around 770, but found the smaller one around 550 - 600 9th Avenue. Smaller, darker but the food was the same. I had the pork shoulder at the waiter's suggestion vs. the pork pibil. Excellent, fall of the bone tasty. Oh and the select margarita was strong and well made. The wife had chile releano (sp??) and said it was the best she ever had.

Visited October 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped for appetizers and a drink before catching a train. We were led through the restaurant dowm stairs to the back. We ordered chips and salsa and a shot of Patron since it was the Patron Grill. The shots were very small and overpriced. It was very dark in the back for 50 year old eyes. We kept trying to find light to read the menu. The server was not very friendly. The chips and salsa were not very good and fairly cold. It was not a great experience for us.

• Visited October 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
“Bland food, inattentive staff.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate dinner at the location on 9th Ave between 43rd and 44th St. We were drawn in by the happy hour $5 margaritas. We found them very very weak. In fact, we're not sure if there was any alcohol in them at all. After receiving our drinks we were left with menus to make our choices. We waited what seemed an eternity for someone to take our order. When we finally flagged someone down, our order took forever to be delivered. In the mean time, we were witness to staff members stroking and kissing each other and generally ignoring customers. My husband ordered Carne Asada, and I ordered Chicken fajitas. The food was delivered to our table, which was so small they had to put some of the items on the adjoining table. Although it looked appetizing, it was anything but. Everything seemed bland. The carne asada was tough, an the fajitas flavourless. I don't know why people are raving about the food, because we found it extremely disappointing. Add to that the staff that completely ignored us unless we flagged them down, I would say this is definitely not a location we could recommend.

• Visited September 2012