“Nice restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Patron Mexican Grill
Ranked #4,293 of 13,478 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were just walking around this area and came upon Patron Mexican Grill, it had an A rating, so we tried it out. The drinks were good ($5 margarita specials) and the food was good. It was a little pricey, but I guess that's NYC. The quesadillas were good, the steak tacos that I had was average. I don't eat guacamole, but my friends said that it was great!! I would come back again for the quesadilla's!!

• Visited June 2012

Oslo, Norway
“Great food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just visited Patron with my best friend after a full days shopping.
Lovely place, fantastic service from the super-friendly Tony, and cheerful smiles from the owner. The guacamole is the best i've had, a definite must try, great food and atmosphere.
Definately a place to come to for good food :)

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and delicious Mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We really enjoyed the food here. I had the carne asada tacos and wife had carnita tacos, we also got a guacamole appetizer. The appetizer was pretty steep ($12 for a single avocado, celantro, jalepeno, onion and tomatoes) but it was good. Everything is expensive in NY so it is what it is. Both our entrees were very good, served with black beans and rice which were both flavorful.

California
“Great ceviche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stopped by for drinks before a show.
Good:
Hand shaken margaritas with Tres Generation tequila!
Ceviche (3 types) had two that were some of the best wife had even eaten! And she eat plenty of ceviche in So Cal, Hawaii, and Mexico. GO FOR IT!
Friendly bartenders
Quick service and reasonable prices for good tequila.
They had some infused tequilas that were interesting. Some good some not, depending on your taste.

Could have been better;
The quesadilla was not so great.

Bad;
Quesa fundido. Didn't have right sausage component and thankfully not much of it.
Very poor selection of beer.

We had a blast here!

• Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“I would go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

We decided to skip our first choice in the neighborhood for Mexican food: Bad enough that it had a "B" health rating, but then we saw the kitchen staff had pizza delivered in for dinner ...
At a loss for another place, we wandered down the block and chose Patron at random. We were in time for happy hour, so we ordered our $5 margaritas, enjoyed salsa, chips and guacamole on the house while we checked out the menu and chatted. i ordered the carne asada tacos: four grilled pork mini tacos, served with rice, black beans, two salsas and garnished with green onions and cilantro. Very tasty. My friends had quesadillas and enchiladas and also liked them very much. The atmosphere is nothing special, but one of my friends had predicted that before we finished our first drink the lights would go down and the volume of the music would go up. Didn't happen. It was quiet enough for us to talk and catch up.
The staff was friendly, but my major complaint of the evening was they started asking if we were finished way too soon. Honey, if I'm holding a fork or chewing, or if there's anything left in my cocktail glass, i am not through! Seriously, this happened a half dozen times, cutting into our conversation in mid-sentence. The place was not full, so I don't know why they were so eager to clear our table. They eventually apologized for butting in so often.
Nevertheless, the food was good, so I'd go back if I was in the neighborhood.

• Visited January 2012