“Great sandwiches! Fast and cheap”

Potbelly Sandwich Works
Ranked #5,443 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I were in NYC last week for two days to just sightsee. We left the Empire State Building and were starving. We came across this place and the windows were all open and it looked inviting and fast. We had a great lunch. I had a turkey with cheese and every condiment available and my husband had The Wreck. I didn't know they were going to toast it and am glad they did. It was all freshly made. It is a sandwich line but that is ok because we knew it was being made just for us. It was a Wednesday mid-day and they had live music. A man playing a guitar. it made for a really plesant experience for not a lot of money. The employees were really plesant and one even asked if everything was to our liking. You don't get that in McDonalds or Wendy's.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I had brunch here while touring the city in May, 2013. We were treated to a clean, well maintained sandwich shop with great food and pleasant, friendly staff. We had a breakfast sandwich (served until 11:00 am daily) that was sooooo tasty! The bathrooms are impeccably clean and the woman's bathroom has an added bonus of a George Costanza underwear portrait on the wall. I am not in the habit of taking bathroom pictures, but I just had to make an exception in this case. So funny! Thanks for a great brunch guys!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stumbled in looking for a healthy sandwich. To our delight it came with a side of entertainment. Coffeehouse-type guitar strumming singer was the side of the day, and a long-standing tradition.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We tried several sandwich bars, however 'Potbelly' pleased us most. Clean workers, fast and efficient serving and most important, a nice selection of sanwiches with extra toppings and dressings.
Also good soups (I tried the hot chilli soup) and milk shakes (with fresk strawberries).
Good price / quality.
Ideal when strolling through the big apple with a little hunger ;-)
You will get decent food and not loose too much time (but important when time is valuable).

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We came across Potbelly when walking around the area, popped in for some lunch and it was great. We had soup and sandwiches which were freshly made and delicious, also a couple of cookies the sugar cookie absolutely lovely, had to buy one to take away too. The service was very good also, well done Potbelly highly recommended.