“Great ribs”

Neighborhood: East Village
London, United Kingdom
“Great ribs”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a late lunch here and it was really good. Friend and i went halves in the full rack of ribs (which would of been better shared with 3 as it was too much) we also got a medium fries and medium coleslaw along with 2 soft drinks and it came to $20 each. The complimentary bbq sauce they have on the tables is really nice. The place is set up with tables and bench seating by the windows. The place does get busy and at night time the line is out the door. Its a bustling place more for a quick meal than slower restaurant pace. You order your food in a cafeteria style line and take it to your own table. I would go back when next in NYC

• Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Rye, NY
“loved the BBQ”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recommend burnt ends, the ribs, and the brisket. The brisket was just right--not overcooked. And don't miss the pickle sides (they're included) just say "give me all of them". The side order of baked beans with burnt ends was great--fries too. The restaurant is not table service--so it is pretty informal. We got there early on a Saturday night--tables seemed to turn over pretty well. A very reasonably priced, excellent NY meal.

Visited January 2014
Ostuni, Italy
“New Year in NY”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My son found this restaurant via the web and it did not disappoint. Great atmosphere, very full and really tasty food. We had been on a food on foot tour and when the guide asked where everybody had eaten, we told him Mighty Quinn's and he immediately said it was the best BBQ food in town. He was right!

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Keep trying but consistent results - this has to be my last time”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My son said Dad, can we go to Mighty Quinn's for dinner. I have a craving. The craving is really because we went to Brisket Town the night before, and they ran out of ribs, so he needed his rib fix. Reluctantly, i said okay. Now, I have gone a few times in the past year, and each time is the same. Chaotic beginning - lines, no tables, uncleaned tables. Food gets cold because there are no tables to sit at after waiting on line. This time, and more than i can remember from prior times, the server was so focused on how much he was putting on our platters - and for mine, the brisket, it barely seemed like enough for a meal. And after I finished it, it was true - i was still hungry, not enough for a meal.
I didn't way anything because i didn't want my kids to feel bad. They ate their food, we left - and the only time i will go back is if one of them begs. And even then ....

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank NYFoodDude
“Amazing food!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

If you like BBQ food then a visit here is a must. Staff very friendly & great atmosphere in the restaurant.

We had pulled pork, brisket & burnt ends....wow! Meat was so tender and melted in your mouth!

Excellent eatery - can't recommend highly enough