“Am I Missing Something???” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mighty Quinn's

Mighty Quinn's
Ranked #89 of 13,489 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Village
Newcastle
“Am I Missing Something???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I don't know if I'm missing something about the great US BBQ and whether the average American would drool over the 50% fat and gristle, which constituted my portion of brisket, but as a Brit used to my roast beef and used in the US to good meat I was less than impressed.

Grateful as I was that I was spared some of the worst looking hunks of fat in my individual serving I then saw those same off-cuts dumped into a pan of beans nearby from which, sadly, I was served my side-order. The place was empty at 6.00 pm and starting to get packed by 7.00. The setting is basic and the plates etc. disposable. This is certainly not intended as high-end dinning but, in my view, neither is it good value for money.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tony_goode

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“BEST BBQ IN THE NORTH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of us was raised in Georgia ,thus knowing authentic BBQ when we taste it.Been searching for the real thing for years and we finally found it at Mighty Quinn's.Best beef brisket sandwich, generous portion of super-tender brisket, sliced to perfection, comes with coleslaw and pickles.Price was right, under $9.00 for the brisket.Ribs were also great.They also serve pulled pork, sausage and chicken.Friendly, efficient service,nice atmosphere.We almost feel bad giving away this gem of a restaurant for fear that the lines may reach out the door next time we visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Didn't know NYC had BBQ this good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Originally, I had wanted to stop at Fette Sau on our recent trip to NYC but due to time/schedule constraints (Fette opens at 5pm during the week); I decided to stop at Mighty Quinn's instead. As we stepped into Mighty Quinn's, the smell of smoky bbq aroma filled the air. The menu isn't huge, but boy is it good! I got the Burnt Ends brisket sandwich and she got the pulled pork with coleslaw. My burnt ends portion was HUGE and definitely left feeling full and satisfied. I liked it better than the pulled pork, although both were very good. I usually don't like the thinner/vinegary bbq sauce, but Quinn's sauce was extremely tasty. I am still looking forward to trying Fette Sau someday, but this joint has amazing BBQ and is definitely worth the stop.

Brooklyn, New York
“Great Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Period. Sides are ok, beer is fine, atmosphere is homey. Prices are decent. But the ribs are great. Just get the ribs and you'll have a great time. The ribs. Got it? If you get there early you hardly have to wait.

• Visited June 2013
new york city
“Heavenly smoke!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Although going here on 4th of July might've seemed like a mistake given a long line that stretched out the side door, the food more than made up for it. Called in advance to ask if they were open on the 4th. They said they were but to get there early because they might run out. Went here around 6pm and waited 45 minutes. The staff was very conscious and brought glasses of ice cold water to those waiting in the sweltering heat. As we stepped inside the door for our final wait, the smell of smoked meat was intoxicating and made the prior wait dissipate.

The carver was curteous as he sliced your meat to order. Couldn't help but get a sample of ribs, chicken, brisket and burnt ends. All of the meats had a perfectly smoked crust and was equally moist barely needing sauce. Also started with and order of wings that were exquisite - smoky and crispy with just the right amount of spicy, smoky sauce. The vinegar slaw was tangy and crisp. Beware, the baked beans are spicy. Make sure to get all of the pickles and peppers. The servings were generous. Just about everyone walks out with a doggie bag as did we. The only thing missing was the potato salad. Hopefully, they'll take our suggestion and add it to the menu.