“Great Breakfast Place”

Ranked #1,041 of 13,765 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: At Treehaus, we make high quality classic comfort food with great flavor. Our specialties include leg of lamb, bone marrow steak, and delicious burgers and sandwiches. Diners have the option to get something from the grill or create their own salads, with every choice being a tasty one! Our spacious restaurant has a beautiful wood accented decor and the refined feel of an art gallery. We are proud to offer a variety of wonderful American cuisine options with a French modernist twist, and hope you will join us soon and try out the unique flavor of Treehaus!
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After paying about $100 to feed my family at a diner for breakfast the day before, Treehaus was a great alternative. The food is delicious and prepared fresh and very reasonably priced. Lots of options for everyone in the family.

Visited July 2013

“An amazing spread of fresh and healthy food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Priced reasonably for New York City! Tons of selection from a hot bar of breakfast food to a made to order kitchen. Designed to go or eat upstairs. A fast option to eat yummy!

• Visited August 2012
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great lunch buffet... awesome coffee”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love the Treehaus lunch buffet. The selection is incredible and the preparation is outstanding. My favorites include filet mignon with bone marrow, grilled octopus, truffle mac & cheese, iceberg wedge salad, and the sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon. Prices are higher than other delis - oh well.

I have tried their sandwiches a few times and, yes, the wait can be a bit long - but I think it was mostly growing pains and it seems to have gotten better recently. The buffalo chicken wrap was just okay but the lobster roll was awesome.

The Bibimbop station in back is pretty good - but I prefer the buffet.

It's not immediately obvious but Treehaus offers a high end coffee experience. It took me months to notice their impressive coffee selection and brewing equipment hidden behind the display cases of pastries and donuts. I have had some of the best coffee from their Hairo V60 drippers and their impressive Steampunk siphon machine. Again, the coffee is more expensive than most places, including Oren's next door, but it's hard to find a place that serves good single-origin coffee in a pour-over method (yes, I am a coffee geek...). They also make a really good Cortado, my favorite espresso drink.

Visited July 2013
Maryland
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The service was wonderful. Being out-of-towners, we had several questions about the menu and the nice young man behind the counter was extremely friendly. Our order was ready in about ten minutes and we ate upstairs which had several tables but a very plain atmosphere. The sandwiches were great but it would have been better to serve them with chips or at least a pickle on the side. If we had been hungrier, there were actually plenty of sides and a hot buffet as well. Good desserts too. Overall, the restaurant had very healthy choices.

• Visited June 2013
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Simple, good, fresh food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking for a place to have a quick reasonable lunch and happened upon this place. It was on the same block as my hotel and it was very busy. It is a buffet type eatery where you get your food and pay by the pound or you can order sandwiches in another area. They also had specialty coffee drinks and teas. I ordered the chicken salad wrap and took it back to my hotel. Delicious! and it was less than $8. I'd eat at one of these places again if I found one in my travels.

Visited April 2013