“Good musical if a little long”

Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella
More attraction details
Owner description: Rodgers + Hammerstein’s CINDERELLA has arrived on Broadway for the first time ever! Four-time Tony Award® nominee Douglas Carter Beane’s (Sister Act, Xanadu) delightfully romantic and hilarious take on the ultimate makeover story features all the classic elements you remember—the pumpkin, the glass slipper, the masked ball and more—plus some surprising new twists! Rediscover some of Rodgers + Hammerstein’s most beloved songs, including “In My Own Little Corner,” “Impossible/It’s Possible” and “Ten Minutes Ago” in this outrageously fun Broadway musical for dreamers of all ages.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good musical if a little long”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very enjoyable but seemed to go on a little too long, lovely theatre but boy the price of the concessions; $30 for two drinks and a packet of nuts, take some dollar!

Visited December 2013

Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I agree with Donna K. My daughter (28 yrs old) and I saw the show in September. We enjoyed the music from the original Rogers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella", which I remembered from my youth and shared with my daughter. There were hints of political overtones in the beginning which led to a full on political agenda in the second act. The manipulation of the story line was an insult to the show from long ago and the dreams of young girls everywhere. How could Cinderella leave the ball with her glass slipper in hand?? That changed the entire meaning of the show.
I was enormously disappointed with the production!! The upside is I got to spend the time with my daughter and for that I'm grateful.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JFG58
Smoky Mountain, Tennessee
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“First broadway play and it was great!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Okay...so it wasn't the Disney version but it was still great. Still a great fairy tail and love story. Loved the humor added in. The actors and actress' did such a great job. The time flew while we were in there. I enjoyed it so much. Would definitely recommend.

Visited November 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“LOvely old fashioned broadway show”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great show with beautiful costumes, special effects, and performers. Music was just average though. Wonderful twist on the original story of Cinderella. Great for children and families. Highly recommend for all ages.

Visited November 2013
West Fargo, North Dakota
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“NOT DISNEY'S CINDERELLA, still a GREAT show!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We didn't pay much more attention before going to the show other than we were going to Cinderella. We were a bit concerned to find out by over hearing one of the ushers conversations that this was in fact not the Disney version, and that there were no mice! More accurately, there are mice, but they are not the "main" characters we had been used to; they have no speaking lines, they just transform into horses. The usher was talking with a family that had young kids, but she assured them the show was still very good, just don't be disappointed when the mice don't speak.

She was right! The show was excellent, and this coming from a guy who essentially gets dragged to these things by his wife...I'll admit I'm coming around...but a sporting event of some sorts will still win out any day!

The actors did a fantastic job, the sets were crazy how they transformed into multiple looks, and I am still baffled at some of the elaborate costume changes that took place on stage right in front of our eyes.

Very impressed with this show, and would recommend it to anyone.

Visited October 2013