Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella - CLOSED

Reviewed July 18, 2015
Richard T
Boone, Iowa, United States
Cinderella

Stunning costumes and special effects. Cinderella is an exciting, touching, funny. I absolutely... read more

Reviewed March 29, 2015
Suzi-c-m

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

The costume changes in this musical are true my magical. The show is a bit different from the Disney movie that we all know with a few unexpected twists.

Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

The only thing about this production true to the original is the musical score. It's all wrong -the lines aren't funny and the story is altered. I saw the original on tv around 1965 -this production is not even close to the Rodgers and Hammerstein play. I can't believe the producers can get away with even calling it "Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella ". I'm glad my 6 year old granddaughter fell asleep before the first song. What a shame that neocons feel the need to change a classic. Don't waste your money on this if you liked the original. I'm so sorry that my daughter forked out over $100 for a special night only to be hoodwinked by someone's lack luster musical production which doesn't come close to doing justice to Rodgers and Hammerstein. My advice -save your hard earned money.

1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed July 18, 2015

This was the first live musical I have ever attended and I was in awe. The entire show and music was fantastic. Now I cant wait to see another live Broadway show.

Reviewed March 29, 2015

Stunning costumes and special effects.
Cinderella is an exciting, touching, funny.
I absolutely loved the movie. Wonderful casting too.

Reviewed March 6, 2015

A very good show I realize now it has closed on Broadway, but may be traveling to a city near you this year. At least it is for us in TX. A very good show worth seeing, the costuming and songs were awesome. The story line is different than the Leslie Anne Warren and Moesha versions of Rodgers and Hammerstein. It has a more feminism type approach, but overall I very much enjoyed the show. I missed it will all the principle people Laura Osnes, Keke Palmer, and Carly Rae Jepsen so I can truly say it was still wonderful without the famous names we all know, which I think would really make it worth seeing while it is on tour.

2  Thank Autumn S
Reviewed January 18, 2015

I was initially quite miffed that Nene Leaks was in the show. That was just Hollywood pandering in my opinion. I HATE that on Broadway! If I want to see Hollywood, I'll head West!) To be fair, she didn't detract from the production. However, she didn't actually ADD anything either. However, Keke Palmer more than made up for the detraction. Her Cindrrella was comely, cute, cheeky, and downright adorable. The singing and dancing was unexpectedly good. Again, Keke Palmer earned her money! The Fairy Godmother was particularly impressive (but I think that singing is her "job"). The small changes in making the wicked stepsisters not so wicked was refreshing, and sure to appeal to younger children. The set was simple and imaginative. The costume changes really add to the magic of the show. Even when you were trying, it was difficult to tell how it happened. Hair down, hair up; rags to gold sequin dress! It was delightful. I went on Christmas night, and there were many small children present, and it was touching to see how much they enjoyed it - and understood it. Cinderella brought the magic!

6  Thank Amnesty1
Reviewed January 9, 2015

The show was delightful, the costume changes were amazing, lyrics and music were great. The main characters are African American and we were told by African American guest that were seated next to us, that "white people have no business seeing this show". I was embarrassed by this remark and had to sit next to this narrow minded woman throughout the performance, It is a shame, that racial slurs, black or white are now a part of theater going.

8  Thank littlerOse0906
Reviewed January 7, 2015

We loved everything about this play! It was fabulous! It is a shame that the final performance was this week!

2  Thank Deborah F
Reviewed January 6, 2015

was a great show. seats very small and tight- but music and show was great. it was comical and entertaining

Reviewed January 4, 2015

Every year I travel to NYC for the holidays with family, every year we go for a musical at Broadway, and this year we went to see Cinderella.

Expectations were high due to other Broadway shows, and despite not having the WOW factor of Spider-Man, or the glamour of Disney musicals, it has been a good musical.

Kids loved it, but I was expecting more. A bit disappointing. Loved the stepmother, Cinderella and the fairy, but overall, nothing special.......

2  Thank Miguel2770