“Better than I ever imagined”

Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella
More attraction details
Owner description: Rodgers + Hammerstein’s CINDERELLA has arrived on Broadway for the first time ever! Four-time Tony Award® nominee Douglas Carter Beane’s (Sister Act, Xanadu) delightfully romantic and hilarious take on the ultimate makeover story features all the classic elements you remember—the pumpkin, the glass slipper, the masked ball and more—plus some surprising new twists! Rediscover some of Rodgers + Hammerstein’s most beloved songs, including “In My Own Little Corner,” “Impossible/It’s Possible” and “Ten Minutes Ago” in this outrageously fun Broadway musical for dreamers of all ages.
Waipahu, Hawaii
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Better than I ever imagined”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife grew up with this version of Cinderella. I heard so many times about R&H Cinderella, this and that. We happened to stay at a hotel just 1 block up form the theater and walked past every day on our way out and back in. I could tell by her stares at the billboard that she really wanted to go. As a surprise to her, I purchased two tickets and thought I would have to "sit through" a musical. To my surprise, and a pleasant one at that, I really enjoyed the show. On our next trip, my wife now wants to see a new show every night. i opened a can of worms. no doubt i will enjoy all of them as I had Cinderella.

Visited March 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful show!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Absolutely spectacular show. Everything from the set, to the costumes, to the cast was perfection. Couldn’t be happier that I saw the show.

1 Thank Laura M
Garden City, NY
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful Production”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Cinderella story with a few twists. Fabulous set, amazing costume changes right on stage! Beautiful voices, great dialogue. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Joanonthego
Stuart, Florida
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Long and Boring”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Being a Cinderella fan since I can remember I was very excited to see the show. I will say that the theatrics were great. The Fairy Godmothers transformation and Cinderellas transformation were wonderful. The opening scene with the prince fighting was also great, but other than that I can't say I enjoyed the show. I couldn't stand any of the songs ESPECIALLY the one about the prince having a ball which seemed to go on for 10 minutes of just "The prince is having a ball" over and over again. Not to mention the corny comedy. Not funny, not very entertaining visually or audibly. I honestly do not see what the fuss is about. For a great show for kids stick to Lion King. This one is too wordy for children anyway.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Krista C
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Cinderella was fun and enaging. I would recommend this play for all ages. Cute take on the fairy tale. Well done.

1 Thank ElizabethNY7